• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX Warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So - you quoted the manual - but you don't believe it?

By the way, the FX website says the same thing your manual does - warranty service is the selling dealer's responsibility. Not the importer's.

"Warranty issues: Contact the shop were you bought the product."

http://www.fxairguns.com/support/

Maybe the remarkable thing isn't that AoA didn't repair your 'Cat for free, but that they provided any discount at all for repair of a gun you bought elsewhere?

"Steve_in_NC"
I'm not sure it does. The original post speaks of Precision Airguns and Supplies: https://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies.com/
Who has to buy from Precision Airgun Distribution aka AOA who is the only warranty service center for FX in the USA! PA&S would have to send it to PAD / AOA anyway as would any other seller of FX guns in the USA!

Thurmond

"T3PRanch"
"Steve_in_NC"
I'm not sure it does. The original post speaks of Precision Airguns and Supplies: https://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies.com/
Who has to buy from Precision Airgun Distribution aka AOA who is the only warranty service center for FX in the USA! PA&S would have to send it to PAD / AOA anyway as would any other seller of FX guns in the USA!

Thurmond
The relevant question remains: If the original poster had referred his problem to the selling dealer instead of to AoA - as the warranty he quotes from his FX Owner's Manual specifies - who would have then picked up the tab for the labor of the repair - him, or PA&S?

Also outstanding is the obvious followup question - who is therefore responsible for the fact AoA declined to do so?

Well there you have it straight from the horse’s mouth. Airguns of Arizona rarely participates on any forum, but obviously they felt strongly about sharing their side of the story. I highly doubt that they will be suckered into a bickering war with anyone.

I am curious if the OP was civil and engaged the vendor in a reasonable discussion? Or did he go in there “guns-a-blazing” cursing and argumentative? I had many dealings with AoA (long before I had any position in the industry) and they were always more than willing to work with me (warranty or not). Good personal skills go a long way in any industry. I am trying not to judge the OP but I don’t understand why he keeps editing his posts to formulate a better argument.

One of the comments I read, which I completely agree with, is that all retailers should keep track of the serial numbers and any pertinent information related to that serial number. I use an advanced ticketing system at work and it is very helpful in identifying any/all work associated with that product.

You can choose to believe whichever side you like, but if this topic becomes anything less than constructive, it will be locked. I’m talking to all the users out there hiding behind a fake username (but always the same IP addresses) who talk all kinds of smack on other forums, and either come here to stir the pot, or try to fly under the radar and take jabs at the competition whenever they can.

Michael, just so you'll know when I was on the phone and was told I owed them $233.00 for fixing my gun I will admit that I used some colorful words, as I thought I was being taken advantage of and still do. But when I went to AOA to pick up my gun I was nothing but polite. I gave the employee my credit card and left their shop after they installed the stock which wasn't on the gun when they brought it out. I even explained to the employee that I had nothing against him personally.

In the end I got my gun back, repaired I hope, AOA got $127.50 for services rendered, and any future business between them and I is done. I told my side of the story and AOA told theirs. Which side members here choose to believe is up to them.

I really have nothing more to say on the matter.

Thanks for clarifying that. Unfortunately for you the factory says that the damage the repairman found is not covered because of xxxxxx.Warranties can be a fickle thing. I have a vehicle which I opted for a pricey warranty. The warranty covers me “bumper to bumper”. Yet I had to pay big bucks to replace my battery wire harness despite the warranty. Apparently wear and tear items are not covered. They did not accuse me of wearing out the parts, but they were clear that the warranty does not cover that. I won't stop going to that dealer because they were following the manufacturers rules.

Sorry to hear this warranty claim didn't pan out like you expected. I hope your product was fixed to your satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.