• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Walrus .30 Cal 1000cc Big Bore Hunter

ASP

Jul 9, 2015
Okay maybe they won't call it the Walrus...

This is a custom FX Boss action, built to accomodate two FX 500cc steel buddy bottles. The chassis/stock used for this build is an FX verminator MK2. This gun is unregulated. The velocity for the JSB 44.75 grain pellet from this rifle is 975 FPS. This is just under 95 FT/LB of energy. This thing is a monster. The picatanny rail is attached to the steel cylinder. I just got the gun,so the results will come in the future. So far my impression is....this thing is huge!

This is built by Alan Z. and has his custom Bullet Drop Compensator...which by the way I love and use all the time on other guns he has done for me.

It's HUGE! LOL.
Interesting, and I'm sure you'll love it after all you did have it built your way. I built up one rifle ( totally different type rig) that was over 52" and 12-13lb , suited my purpose. Just remember to duck through the doorway.
Cant wait to see what the groups look like. I would expect them to look like most rigs AZ works on. Do what to see them tho.

And that "dial of death" ya buddy! Some people just don't understand how nice it is to be able to instantly click to range. Sure the FT crowd uses them but I found for hunting nothing else ( mil dots & hold over) comes close. Well worth the added $ if having it at Allen's anyway. And compufoil is worthwhile for the DIY folks.

Not nearly as unique as yours but if you get hook on HUGE airgun's I have a long one I might sell. 

You need to get a pool going for shot count. At that speed I'll take 26 shots per fill. Drop it to ( and for those that don't know it is sometimes a great idea to leave allen's work alone) 880ish and you should have over 60 shots, crazy.

Sorry I just cant stop.

Outlandish paint job? Huh? Eh? Come on , it's begging for HUGE flash ( blinged out for the younger folks here).

John