• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Wait times

I was told 3 months from Ken Hicks. I have pretty much thrown in the towel with FX for that very reason.

Great guns and easy to shoot well but trying to even get a liner lately has been futile.

Quality control seems down lately also in my experience.

I own 17 FX guns currently and over 50 barrel kits in different configurations not to mention liners etc. and plan on keeping 2.

I did a rough estimate and high 5 figures spent in the past 12 months on FX products and just not worth it anymore.

To many options out there in the same price point with higher quality and less to no wait times (RAW, RTI, Kalibrgun,AGT etc.)

Thanks for sharing Mikeol123. That's concerning to hear especially since I'm on the M3 wait list. As a new person to the sport, FX has done a great job at posting information about their air rifles and establishing ambassadors. I'm not familiar with these other companies but most of their websites don't provide a ton of information. They might be amazing rifles. 

I don’t see how containers got held up is any manufactures fault, to think any other manufacturers are not affected by all the logistic issues is laughable. Air freight has became prohibitively expensive so ship thousands of guns via air is out of question. As soon as another gun get any where near as popular as FX then everyone else will start complain about their wait time! LOL!!!

Even Chinese guns have long wait time thanks to the shipping issues. hope everyone get fed up with FX wait time and go onto other wait lists, like everyone I can’t get nothing lately but hope threads like this help ease the wait for me a bit. 

Supposedly they’re 75 container vessels off the coast of California waiting to be unloaded, that was on the today show earlier this week. No truck drivers to haul the goods from the port across the country.

California? Don't FX products come from Europe?

Exactly... landing on the wrong beach

Logistics are complicated, and can be funny. Right now things are getting shipped whichever way they can. It is not impossible that the fastest shipping path for goods from Europe COULD be some way other than across the Atlantic.

Having said that, the shipping backlogs are the same at all the major ports. The three biggest container shipping ports in the US are Long Beach/Los Angeles, CA; the NY/NJ complex, and Savannah GA. ALL are facing the same sort of delays, with dozens of ships anchored offshore waiting for the chance to be unloaded. Once they are unloaded the containers are then sitting for up to 3 months at the terminals, waiting for trucks or trains to take them away to warehouse around the country. This creates its own logjams, since if the terminals are full of containers waiting to be picked up they have to delay further the unloading of ships, simply because they have nowhere to put the containers.

And all of this is BEFORE we even start talking about problems in China, container shortages, delays due to Covid protocols, shutdowns due to Covid, huge and unexpected demand for many products, etc.

Its a worldwide ClusterF**k, with no simple answer, no matter how many people want to blame China, or how much they try to blame everyone else. It’s clearly not just FX. Try buying a new car these days….

Chris

I ordered an integrated barrel tuner, and carbon barrel sleeve for my impact. The estimated arrival date is 10/18. Do I expect them to ship from the dealer on 10/18? Nope, I highly doubt that's going to happen. I'm not going to worry about air gun parts when everything is bonkers right now. Those parts will arrive sooner or later, and it will give me something to tinker with late at night when my insomnia acts up. As the previous poster mentioned, FX and their customers are far from the only affected by global shortages and I'm not going to worry about something I can't change.