Fx vs Daystate

"Ted"
"travels4fun"I'm not so sure I agree that Daystate doesn't make a mid powered .25 (45-55fpe). A couple of months ago, I test fired the .25 Air Ranger at AOA and was getting 935-940 fps using the JSB Kings. That's 49fpe. The gun was straight out of a new box and had not been tweaked. It's possible that it may have been a bit hotter than others but I would expect at least 45fpe from a .25 Air Ranger.

Good point. I forgot about the 50 ft/lb Air Ranger. But, that gun is the past - Daystate isn't even making them anymore. And, when they were making them, they were not designed for the diabolo pellet. They were making the gun before the JSB King launched a few years back. And the Air Ranger Extreme that I reviewed had a 6 land/groove polygon barrel on it. It was clearly designed for bullet use. This all sounds like I am busting Daystate's balls. I absolutely am not. :) Rather, I am begging them (on my knees) to create a 50 ft/lb Air Wolf (preferably with a standard Huggett moderator). I would prefer the gun to shoot at 47 ft/lbs (Low) and 62 ft/lbs (Hight). This would optimize it for both JSB .25 pellets. And, also make in in tactical black. Can you see me Daystate? I am manically waiving my money at you!!. hahahaha.
Couple of questions Ted:

• Would you choose the electronic over the mechanical? If they do end up doing one obviously

• is your reason for begging them to do a .25 because you want to see what the daystate .25's are capable of so you can choose between the guns you have and only keep the best?? Or do you just want them all ;) obviously your current .25's are very accurate and you'd probably struggle to get much more accuracy in reality, so is it the ultimate accuracy chase or just a new toy with different ergonomics and for different purposes? 

I am curious as to why they don't have different caliber classes or divide the lower calibers like the .177, .20, and .22 in one class and the .25 and .30 in a different class. Although there was a high ranking .177 it seems to be that you are forced to shoot a .25 or .30 to be competitive. Having more classes would help level the playing field among the different calibers and could also provide opportunity for more than just a few to recieve recognition especially if you had to pick one caliber to compete. There just might be an increased interest in the .177 due to the increased challenge. Sorry to get off topic.

In 22 I shoot an FX400 and in 25 an Airwolf and a Cricket. I studiously avoided the Ajrwolf for some time because of my prejudice against electronic components. Then I shot an Airwolf and the rest is history - I am impressed by it's accuracy, shot count, and trigger. Mine is equipped with a Huggett so one only hears the slap of the hammer and the pellet hitting the target. The only minus is the weight which is currently being corrected by installing a carbon fiber bottle.

The FX400 with it's very reproducible three position velocity adjustment and light weight is my favorite air rifle - I only wish it had a more effective moderator. While it's trigger is not as sophisticated as that of the Airwolf it is very crisp and adjustable.

I purchased my 25 Cricket in order to get a bit more oomph since the Airwolf is 43 ft lb at high power and 28 on low power while the Cricket provides ca 50-55 ft lb. I agree with Ted that an Airwolf in 25 with 55+ ft lb on high would be ideal. I believe Daystate will launch such a product on their Wolverine electronic platform in the future. They stated that during one taped interview with Ted at a UK show a few years ago. If I remember correctly, they stated that the current power level is maxed out in the 25 Airwolf and that increased power will come with a new electronic platform based on the Wolverine action.

In my opinion, the Daystate Wolverine 303 should be in the Airgun Hall of Fame. This is the rife that revolutionized the industry with power, accuracy, and styling. It's creation has made such a significant impact that other brands had to react and follow up with their own creative innovations. The big bore, off the shelf airguns, are now here for us airgun mania fans. The Daystate brand is continuing to expand with their new home. Hopefully, they will continue leading in the airgun race. 

In my opinion, FX Airguns are neck and neck with Daystate. They have more models to choose from and are more affordable. Their airguns have really good styling, accuracy, and power. I own the Bobcat Mk l and Mk ll. Both with awesome shot counts in .30 & .22 respectively. And have you seen the upcoming Impact bullpup? Keep up the great work FX.

Bottom line, you cannot go wrong with either brand. They are both great choices.