FX vs AGT

I am deciding a new gun for next year and I have narrowed down the brand of airgun to FX and AGT. I know that AGT is more of a point and shoot gun. While FX is a tuning gun. The specific models I am looking at is the FX Panthera, AGT Vulcan 3, and the Uragan 2. Between these three what one would be better. This is a short to mid range hunting rifle. 0-100 yards range. .22 caliber. Biggest game that will be taken is groundhogs or rock chucks. Weight ten pounds or less. Also want to be able to shoot pellets and slugs with minimal changes.

Reactions: Greenarrow
My biggest complaint about the fx guns is the lack of barrel rigidity. I own both a crown and a Maverick and I have both barrels tensioned to reduce the inherent floppiness. I’ve never shot an AGT gun but a friend of mine has one (uragun 2) and I plan to visit him in January and shoot it then.
Right now if I was making that choice I would be thinking AGT.

Probably a toss up between the panthera and Uragan 2. Most flexibility obviously goes to the FX anything because you can repeatedly switch between ammo right there with a twist of a dial. Uragan 2 has a very efficient and powerful valve likely on part or close to FX Impact/panthera, so the differentiators would be bullpup/traditional form factor and repeatable adjustability. Panthera is truly ground breaking with the level of power, repeatable adjustability in a multi shot traditional rifle form factor. Vulcan 3 seems a bit long in the tooth and no where near the power levels of Uragan2 and Pathera with added "benefit" of no repeatable adjustability, never been my cup of tea.

Your last sentence "Also want to be able to shoot pellets and slugs with minimal changes." pretty much indicated what your choice would/should be.......the 500mm panthera!

Last edited:
Probably a toss up between the panthera and Uragan 2. Most flexibility obviously goes to the FX anything because you can repeatedly switch between ammo right there with a twist of a dial. Uragan 2 has a very efficient and powerful valve likely on part or close to FX Impact/panthera, so the differentiators would be bullpup/traditional form factor and repeatable adjustability. Panthera is truly ground breaking with the level of power, repeatable adjustability in a multi shot traditional rifle form factor. Vulcan 3 seems a bit long in the tooth and no where near the power levels of Uragan2 and Pathera with added "benefit" of no repeatable adjustability, never been my cup of tea.

Your last sentence "Also want to be able to shoot pellets and slugs with minimal changes." pretty much indicated what your choice would/should be.......the 500mm panthera!
I have been debating between those two in my head so much.

• Haha
Reactions: qball
My biggest complaint about the fx guns is the lack of barrel rigidity. I own both a crown and a Maverick and I have both barrels tensioned to reduce the inherent floppiness. I’ve never shot an AGT gun but a friend of mine has one (uragun 2) and I plan to visit him in January and shoot it then.
Right now if I was making that choice I would be thinking AGT.
Trying not to hijack the thread, but where did you find a tensioning kit for your crown?

Reactions: airprsr
Trying not to hijack the thread, but where did you find a tensioning kit for your crown?
I made/ did it myself. Watch Ernest Rowe‘s video on it on you tube. I saw that video and took the idea and did it myself. It improves the crown 100%. I shared it on here. I’ll see if I can find it and post the link here.

Excellent thank you. The biggest caliber I have ever had is the .25 caliber. I think though for squirrels and grouse though in Idaho it can't be bigger than a .25 or .22 cal air rifle.
Yeah, that's a bummer, especially with those damn groundhogs, as they are really tough. Gotta follow the rules though.
I know some states have a .22cal limit, and in those cases, I'd be willing to shoot with a .25cal as it's very difficult to tell the caliber difference by hand. With the .30cal, the size and weight difference between a .25cal is undeniable! Looks like your limited to .25cal then. ☹

Vulcan 3 seems a bit long in the tooth and no where near the power levels of Uragan2 and Pathera
What? It's the exact opposite. Have you ever seen a .22 Uragan2 or Pathera make 114fpe ? The V3 can and it comes without a choke.
The Uragan2 and Pathera are not even in the power ballpark and don't have enough plenum to get there.

What? It's the exact opposite. Have you ever seen a .22 Uragan2 or Pathera make 114fpe ? The V3 can and it comes without a choke.
The Uragan2 and Pathera are not even in the power ballpark and don't have enough plenum to get there.

The only one close enough is the Panthera in 700mm barrel but I would never use that for hunting because the barrel is unwieldy.