• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX USA SERVICE

In late 

December of 2019 I bought a .30 caliber impact. I was not told that a power plenum update was coming out in January of 2020. On jan 7 I sent the form to FX USA for the update. On January 27 I was told I was number 95 on list. After waiting a couple of months I emailed and was told I that I was still on the list but they would not tell me what number I was. I called a couple of weeks ago and talked to a very pleasant gal from their office. She told me they received a batch of wrong or defective parts. And it would still be one or two months more. In the meantime I am reading on forum others are getting work done on their FX rifles. I really want to get the update because if I want to trade or sell this rifle that is the first thing I will be asked. I am on the $100 list so do you think I am getting put off because they are not going to make a profit on the update? Are others getting the update done and if so when did you get on list? I am new to this forum and am trying to be patient but six months seems a little bit excessive. Thanks for listening. Not sure if I will be buying the Crown I wanted to order because of all this.

Mod edit: moved to Manufacturer Feedback section.

You are definite NOT the only one. You COULD sell your gun and offer the buyer YOUR SPOT in that waiting list. 

Your gun in 30 caliber should be plenty accurate enough as-is though.

If you're just tired of waiting you could just sell yours (and of course lose money) and order a new one WITH the power plenum from Ken Hicks over at SPAW if you want to receive a PERFECT SHOOTING GUN.

I would just order a new one and tell FX to give you store credit for the 100 bucks ......i just installed one for a friend of mine and evewhere in the US was sold out ......so i ordered it from out the country...it was a Friday when I ordered it and it was @ my front door that following Wednesday 
1593918089_15225713765f014289c0bbc2.72228124.jpg

Birdie,

We'll reach out to on DM to make sure you're taken care of. Just so you (and others that are reading) are aware, there's no priority for our service department between $100 upgrades like yourself and those with older Impacts that pay $300. Both are being offered at bare minimum costs simply as a service to existing owners that want to upgrade their rifles. Yes, we here at FX do try to innovate our rifles and aren't ones to sit on a technology upgrade to wait. But with that we try to make things as backwards compatible as possible as we want to really take care of our existing customers and make sure they don't feel that they have to sell or get rid of a rifle just because we've innovated. Impact Power Plenum is a perfect example as someone who bought a first generation Impact 5 years ago can have the power plenum installed and have a rifle that matches the performance of a modern Impact!

We'll make sure we get a hold of your tomorrow Birdie and take care of you.

- Jonathan