• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX USA - Mavericks

I don't know any details of the FX dealer agreements, but it is obvious that the bar is set low. And, I think that's true of most air gun makers. Unlike car dealers that have to offer service for their products, air gun makers appear to authorize dealers who are often untrained and usually are without any inventory of parts. Service and returns are handled through a few, or a single source. In most cases, if a dealer says "we'll take care of any problem", what they really mean, they will send it back to the master dealer/distributor or, in the case of FX, to its US location in NC. If the prospective reseller/dealer is questioned in detail about service, the truth is usually not reassuring. For that reason, I usually buy from the very few dealers who are capable of offering full service, since the rifle will end up with them anyway in the event of a problem. I guess I feel that I might have a slight priority in the event of a problem if I bought from the servicing dealer. To the point of FX and the Maverick, yes, FX is IMO the victim of its own success, exacerbated by the effects of the pandemic. It introduces a "flavor of the month", hype it up by getting some guns into the hands of favorable reviewers, and bingo, instant distribution crisis. The US market has proven to be perpetually ready for the next new gadget, and FX is happy to oblige. Although I believe FX may be the worst offender, it is not alone, and it is not responsible for the pandemic. I've been waiting a while for a Daystate Revere, just arrived at AOA last week. I have full faith the rifle will be fully ready to shoot, and to begin a life of reasonably trouble-free performance. I do not have that level of confidence in FX. 

I bought 1 as soon as they were available. 25 compact. Yes, I had to send it back after a couple hundred rds. Fixed and back within 10 days.

Disappointed, sure! But now I have what I consider a near perfect air gun..what a shooter. Love it as much or more than Annie my impact.

Couldn't wish for a better gun except 🤔, dang, did you see the Delta Wolf? Hmmmmmm?

I bought 1 as soon as they were available. 25 compact. Yes, I had to send it back after a couple hundred rds. Fixed and back within 10 days.

Disappointed, sure! But now I have what I consider a near perfect air gun..what a shooter. Love it as much or more than Annie my impact.

Couldn't wish for a better gun except 🤔, dang, did you see the Delta Wolf? Hmmmmmm?

Did you try and modify it at all? I've seen you post a couple of times about working on your guns then blame FX then turns out you just did something wrong..... 

Speaking of Mavericks Just got a notification mine has come in and should be shipping to my house soon, Ill send some pictures when I get it. :))))