FX USA Is CLOSED!

While my opinion is similar to the majority on the matter, it is just an opinion. The only wrongdoing I believe fx Sweden to have committed is not being well versed in American law while conducting business with someone who clearly was. This can leave a company vulnerable to conmen. Not saying Jonathan is one just saying what is possible.

Is this the guy that did all the stealing?? I said when I first seen this guy he was not in it for the guns or glory but the money with his less than luster appearance!
That's the guy.
Now running for a local political office *** political commentary removed***

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few questions here. The place that just lost six mill..... will FX take it in the shorts for six mil? Likely not. It will have to be made up somewhere.......increased prices seems likely so for some it might be a buy now decision. Companies don't absorb losses, they spread them around to their customers.

How capable is Sweden of absorbing such a loss and staying in business. They have suppliers they have to satisfy.

Warranties.......many purchased expensive guns with the faith that warranties would protect their investment.
The company that just lost six mil is not likely to do so. Part of the sales price of the guns by the distributor is actually warranty costs. Sweden does not own. them.

Utah is a great outfit, it is unlikely that they will warranty countless issues on guns that they had no interest in.

Perhaps the former employees can team together and make repairs of good quality IF they have parts source but they won't be free.

Where did remaining inventory(?? ) go or was it already robbing Peter to pay Paul.......It may be that the only inventory in the states is in the hands of current dealers........with no warranty except for Utah direct purchases

Time will answer, but I would not make any FX purchase until the smoke has thoroughly cleared. I'm glad I held off and the V3 looks more inviting than ever for now.

an internet search indicates that FX Sweden has about $17.2 mil in gross sales with a net of $2.7 mil. Wow, the bad guys really got to them.

Is Utah Airguns trying to keep all of the inventory to themselves? If the competitors are out of stock, more people are going to buy from Utah Airguns.

I've been wanting to buy several FX items, but all of my more local dealers are out of stock.

Not sure if it's greed, lack of staffing, or just logistical issues.
Excellent questions that, with any luck will be answered.

Is Utah Airguns trying to keep all of the inventory to themselves? If the competitors are out of stock, more people are going to buy from Utah Airguns.

I've been wanting to buy several FX items, but all of my more local dealers are out of stock.

Since Utah is the only US retailer listed on the FX website, it may be an exclusive arrangement that replaces FX USA, a master dealer/distributor relationship. Logistically, that tends to work well for an exporter, but it also places great importance on that entity being up to the task of distribution and service. It's often hard to be both a retailer and wholesaler, putting you in competition with your customers. It will be interesting to see what develops. My guess, the FX USA role will be restored, and there will be a US distributor that does not sell direct to consumers.

Interesting question, just checked UA stock and they are quite low on many models themselves. It is possible there is delay in shipment due to changing of supply chain, UA needs a warehouse now.

This crazy but not surprising. The airgun industry seems super sketch and petty with only a few entities controlling supply. Krale sells FX for almost half the price but won’t ship to USA due to pricing agreements. It’s all a huge cluster and we need somebody big to step in to save the day like maybe Ruger.

With that being said , FX should step up and indemnify everyone affected by fx USA debacle. Businesses have to take the good with the bad, including fraud and theft.

At the end of the day, though I’m not a fanboy it’s undeniable that FX makes great products and them and Daystate/brk are really a cut above everyone else.

For the sake of the industry and the hobby we all love, hopefully everyone recovers and UA and AOA can become friends one day too