• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX USA Is CLOSED!

Anyone with a FX Airgun in for repair at "FX USA": FX Sweden sent me back an email that states "We have no idea when or how you will get back your gun let alone fixed" - I paraphrased some be cause not to disclose clause in the email. Also by the two sentence terse reply FX Sweden never made any plans (they had plenty of time to do so) to avoid this problem or fix this problem for customers in this situation. I wrote a long response to this lack of awareness. Like anyone I just want to go out and shoot.
My < than .02$ up-date of 'people with rifles stuck at FX USA'

Anyone with a FX Airgun in for repair at "FX USA": FX Sweden sent me back an email that states "We have no idea when or how you will get back your gun let alone fixed" - I paraphrased some be cause not to disclose clause in the email. Also by the two sentence terse reply FX Sweden never made any plans (they had plenty of time to do so) to avoid this problem or fix this problem for customers in this situation. I wrote a long response to this lack of awareness. Like anyone I just want to go out and shoot.
My < than .02$ up-date of 'people with rifles stuck at FX USA'
I don't have any inside information, but your assessment of culpability by FX Sweden might not be totally fair. Yes, it would certainly seem reasonable to have sufficient internal controls in place to avoid a subsidiary from riding the inter-office float to the tune of $6 million. But maybe liberal terms were granted to fund certain projects that were subsequently fraudulently represented. I guess this kind of risk is why most non-US companies use an established dealer as a master dealer, rather than establishing a stand-alone entity that has total control. I'm sure too, there is a lot of frustration, embarrassment, and anger flowing from Sweden regarding this incident. There will probably be a long term of receivership while the books are audited, and it sounds like some real estate and expensive cars will be seized. But if this case is typical, the recovery amount will fall short. The business structure probably insulates FX Sweden from liability for things such as your rifle in repair. But, it would be a smart move for them to guarantee satisfaction to folks like you who are innocent victims. Of course, FX Sweden can obviously claim to be the largest victim, but I believe that taking care of service customers would be a small incremental cost, and would buy a lot of goodwill.

man I just missed all this by the skin of my teeth. My brand new Mav Compact needed warranty work back in May. Got it back and it worked great. I just got tired of tuning more than shooting. So I sold it and bought a Huntsman.
I truly feel bad for all the good folks that worked hard hours to buy a FX that needed warranty work, and now they might be out of a rifle entirely because of some terrible person.

Reactions: darylm and oledawg
I don't have any inside information, but your assessment of culpability by FX Sweden might not be totally fair. Yes, it would certainly seem reasonable to have sufficient internal controls in place to avoid a subsidiary from riding the inter-office float to the tune of $6 million. But maybe liberal terms were granted to fund certain projects that were subsequently fraudulently represented. I guess this kind of risk is why most non-US companies use an established dealer as a master dealer, rather than establishing a stand-alone entity that has total control. I'm sure too, there is a lot of frustration, embarrassment, and anger flowing from Sweden regarding this incident. There will probably be a long term of receivership while the books are audited, and it sounds like some real estate and expensive cars will be seized. But if this case is typical, the recovery amount will fall short. The business structure probably insulates FX Sweden from liability for things such as your rifle in repair. But, it would be a smart move for them to guarantee satisfaction to folks like you who are innocent victims. Of course, FX Sweden can obviously claim to be the largest victim, but I believe that taking care of service customers would be a small incremental cost, and would buy a lot of goodwill.
The FX Sweden was taking actions well before the beginning this month against FX USA. So when I called for warranty work on my faulty designed valve assembly (panthera) their was no reason they should have been accepting repair work nor why did someone at FX USA accept delivery on 10/5 (it should have been declined-sent back to me) . The FX Sweden has no plan, had no plan to avoid or fix this situation and now I (and other customers) are holding the bag on which should have been a priority. No local contact to call, no planning period! All the legal Rupengarden v FX USA ... I do not care about! nor should I. My defective gun has been out of service for 5 weeks and now no one (even FX Sweden) when or how my fixed rifle get back to me. I entrusted my rifle with "FX USA" and now FX has me holding the bag. Whatever the conclusion I think it will time to move on to an different company/brand.

• Wow
Reactions: Cloudrider
i would hope FX Sweden would step up and cover anyone that can document a gun was in for sevice.

very sad news.
if FX Sweden leaves many custimers hamging i bet it could be detrimental to there business but at this piont they may be concered with just surviving for the time being?
best wishs to FX Sweden.
FX Sweden or FX AB (?) had no skin in the game and should not have to pay for Jon Tueller's doings..

Reactions: Spinach and pan60
FX Sweden or FX AB (?) had no skin in the game and should not have to pay for Jon Tueller's doings..
They will pay for his doings in a big way, maybe $6M worth! The manner in which they perceive liability to their customers (or lack of) will be important to their continued reception in the market. The retail customers see only "FX". They are not concerned with entity structure and liability management. If GM had refused warranty services on Buick and Pontiac after the bankruptcy, they would have paid a price in the market.