FX tuning

I saw on YT where the videographer commented that his FX Impact was notorious for not maintaining a setting on his regulator. The gun was not leaking it is the regulator adjusting power level. I made a comment in the comments section to clarify and he verified the above. Is this common as his facial looks would lead one to believe this. He was on the other hand praising his Daystate for power consistency accuracy and ability to cook and clean house. 

I saw on YT where the videographer commented that his FX Impact was notorious for not maintaining a setting on his regulator. The gun was not leaking it is the regulator adjusting power level. I made a comment in the comments section to clarify and he verified the above. Is this common as his facial looks would lead one to believe this. He was on the other hand praising his Daystate for power consistency accuracy and ability to cook and clean house.

I can honestly say I've had a leak that was probably my fault from messing with the o-rings, but after some fixing of that, I have not had any settings on my regs change during travel, putting it in and taking it out of the case. Maybe some slight POI shift has been the worst, but minimal adjustments have been made. (also, once I found out I didn't put my barrel 100% in, it was loose, haha) so yeah, besides user error, I've had my M3 for eight months, I think, and I shoot at least once a week, if not more, depending on the weather. 

Brand bias notwithstanding, FX has struggled with its regulators for years. The AMP reg was better but I’ve still seen people with issues.

Daystate decided to use Huma regs in their guns. Those regs are considered to be top of the line. A lot of guys put Humas in their Impacts back in the day.

Regardless of rifle brand, I’d pick a Huma if I had the choice. 

Look at the video's that guy makes. Mostly Daystate. It's no different than the guys that make mostly FX videos. Tout the beauty of your own while taking digs at the competitor.

Take what they all say with a grain of salt. 

For the record I don't own either brand. 

Even present day wars around the world, the bottom line is it's about money in there pocket not yours

Same thing with dishonesty about airgun manufactures being negative of there competition, something with politics same thing with religion ......

money money money, me first, my greed first before yours,

It's a wonderful would except for the people my Dad would say

Well, my Huma reg would creep up and won’t go back down so I have to degas and reset the reg, it’s so annoying to the point where I don’t even want to pick up that gun to shoot because it’s likely the reg creeped up and now the speed is off. Instead of shooting now I have to work on the gun, 120 dollars later I’m thinking of just take it out. The Huma in my Thomas also creeps or the first shot is low but recovers, I don’t get the Huma reputation of never creeps some people believe in.

my multiple FX amp regs have been rock solid except one oring that needed grease. Sure, with hammer and reg out of balance they will also creep on the first shot but I knew that and all regs creep in contrary to some people’s believe.

both brands has issues or neither are perfect with people have problems with products from both brand. FX however stand behind their products with amazing service, same can not be said with my experience with Huma when I try to get help for my Huma regulator. FX sent me a rebuild kit when I called about the slow leak but fixed by just greasing a oring. Huma keeps on saying the reg needs to settle after 6 month and won’t do a damn thing about my permanently creeping reg. Take it however you like but I won’t intentionally buy a Huma ever again. 

Most of the time I think creep has to do with the reg seat and I've seen a few different people are changing the seats to peek which is a harder material and doesn't get damaged as easily I haven't had any problems with my amp reg or the huma regs I've got the amp reg was creeping after a few days of sitting on my mk2 impact I added a Huma bottle reg to the front and that took care of the amp reg creep 

AMP reg creep is usually fixed by polishing the sealing surfaces. My slight creep was fixed that way. The plastic piston has a high thermal expansion coefficient, so the reg set point will change depending on environmental temp. While not ideal, the changes are very predictable and it always returns. 

My AMP regs have been easy to adjust and reliable. It looks like FX recently switched to a brass piston, so that should take care of the temperature set point shifts.