Tuning FX tuners Make my 22 shoot at 750FPS

A friend of mine with an FX Continiuum and me with my DreamPup have both been trying to get the rifles tune for Club competition which restricts the contests to under 20FPE. Both of us individually have been trying to achieve this. We both find that with the PW set to low and almost regardless of the Hammer spring setting we are getting in the low to mid 600s. This morning I started with the Reg pressure at 140 and kept checking speeds as I went down on reg pressure to a low of 100. When I got to 100, I was still shooting in the 600s on low and when I went up to the 177/22 setting it jumps up to 800. I do have a power plenum on mine but he does not and our speeds are roughly with in 10 to 20 of each other.

Has any one got their Dreamline or Continuum shooting in the 700s. If so what strategy did you employ?

Rusty

PS I have watched AEAC vlog videos as well as many others. Seems like everyone wants more power, I guess I am an odd ball.

Maybe so. I will give that a try. I have mine set to the “neutral” setting Steve from AEAC suggested. I will go more but it seems like if there is no tension on the “slider” then another hammer spring might be needed but will try more slack.

Thanks

its actually better to have higher reg pressure and lower HS preload, it will give you quieter shots and really efficient on air. Also with high regulator reps sure will make speed difference between HS setting bigger, it also will have lower low end speed because it takes more HS force to open the valve. 

I just returned my crown late model MK1 and HS preload is pretty much backed out all the way and regulator is at 130bars. It’s shooting 7.4 grain pellets at very consistent 710 FPS(8.2fpe) on Min and .177/.22 TP. Part of the reason I tuned it this way is so I can shoot the 12.5 grain slugs as fast as my tune will go while still have the low power setting. Haven’t chronoed the slugs yet but the low power setting is very consistent. 

Maybe so. I will give that a try. I have mine set to the “neutral” setting Steve from AEAC suggested. I will go more but it seems like if there is no tension on the “slider” then another hammer spring might be needed but will try more slack.

Thanks

Yep; this is how you do it, it will be very quiet and snappy! Low pressure tunes suck rocks👎🏼

its actually better to have higher reg pressure and lower HS preload, it will give you quieter shots and really efficient on air. Also with high regulator reps sure will make speed difference between HS setting bigger, it also will have lower low end speed because it takes more HS force to open the valve. 

I just returned my crown late model MK1 and HS preload is pretty much backed out all the way and regulator is at 130bars. It’s shooting 7.4 grain pellets at very consistent 710 FPS(8.2fpe) on Min and .177/.22 TP. Part of the reason I tuned it this way is so I can shoot the 12.5 grain slugs as fast as my tune will go while still have the low power setting. Haven’t chronoed the slugs yet but the low power setting is very consistent.

OK so If I hear you right, increase my Reg pressure to say 160 and then use a light HS setting on the low PW setting.

I will try that.

160 might be a bit higher for .22, I would start at around 120-130 and see. Not to say it won’t work but the drop off for low end speed will be very steep so might be hard for you to get the speed you want. Each HS setting might be 100fps difference. 

EDIT: keep in mind that if you use low end of hammer force for the reg pressure the ES and SD will be higher because it’s not as “balanced” as higher hammer force strike. Hence the valve adjustment on the Impact comes in real handy for fine tuning.