• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX trigger not working. Need advice

This is a newer impact X. I’m having trouble with impact trigger. It wasnt like this before but here’s the problem. It only catches (cocks) with 2nd stage screw screwed in a good amount. But even with it cocked. It won’t fire. Trigger blade is stiff, won’t even move. I already tried adjusting safety. So in order to fire I have to turn 2nd stage screw clockwise. Also 1st stage seems to have disappeared. Any help? 

I have a Crown, not sure it it's the same trigger, think it might be except for the safety. Have you moved the first stage travel screw? I would start by backing it out (for the most travel) and see if that changes anything. If neither the first stage adjustment nor the safety is preventing the sear engagement, then it pretty much has to be the second stage adjustment. With adequate first stage movement, you should be able to back off on the second stage adjustment to the point it will not cock, and then adjust it clockwise from there, in small increments. 

Just google "adjusting fx impact trigger" for the top videos on the subject.

FX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDFm9Hqur0

Ernest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnvZtiZ3rio

John

I’ve seen these videos. I certainly don’t mind taking apart my trigger and trying to figure out the problem. .I’m just wondering if that will void my warranty?!

Not saying this is the problem, but it's worth a look.

Check to make sure the trigger isn't bumping up against the regulator body. If that is the case, have seen this before, and you need to screw the body in. Just a 1/8 to1/4 turn will make a big difference. If they are touching, trigger won't move much, and feels sticky.

In the picture I tried to point to were they can bump.
1553892191_11299680795c9e835fdd5f17.48605230_20190329_164209.jpg

Working on the trigger should not void your warranty.