Fx transfer port and prope mod.

But your goal is to make it as close to the transfer port in the block with as little restrictions as possible.

I did a modification to the Huma transfer port (I have only a hobby micro mill, no lathe unfortunately.

With a 2mm ball nose endmill I could only widen the two slots, I didn't wanted to brake in into oring groove neither into barrel end. These are the numbers I could get, 7.2 x 8.0 mm (from 7.1 x 6.4 mm), on 25 cal port. I never toke it apart and could not measure what is a hole size in the valve housing block, and especially is it aligned at all or where is it exactly.

1584922180_13606331535e77fe44f05581.51568960.JPG

I have ordered one pellet prope from friends friend machine shop, most likely I will have to wait for couple days to surface.

I cannot do any test shots with my chrony, Sunday evening now, and btw in Canada any sound altering "device" is very heavily prohibited,,,tomorrow during day time I will do bang bang bang :)

very interesting info regarding the Huma twin hole here. I already asked @Huma themselves if they would/could provide matching pellet probes. They said that they have plans in the future. I also have one, but i just put a warning topic on the forum, regarding someone who stole $280 from me. 

The pin pellet probe looks awesome, and made from decent materials. 

The Polish man who’s got my money, also sent me a brass barrel probe, wit oval hole, but did not measure it up yet, because the Huma one has my favor. 

Only problem : I’m from europe, and dont know anyone with a lathe to make me a pin style probe. 

Gonna order and try Vlad’s version also, but with the corona virus, he can’t send anything out of his country. 

Gonna subscribe to this topic…

Imagine my story. I don't know what to do laugh or cry.

March 4th got the FX Impact MK2 PP

March 8th ordered some Huma parts including the dual port.

March 8th I suppose to take a flight for family vacation trip South when the airport authorities removed us from the airplane do to some technical difficulties, they've call it some glitch.

So, sittin at home since in self isolation (I am 60, smoker, and cancer survivor), tinkering about this hobby full time.

March 18th I received the Huma parts, reading through this forum I made a decision to enlarge the brass transfer port, I have a micro milling machine, it is small but I learned to work with it. Unfortunately no lathe, I would be satisfied with any table top - basics in my garage.

March 22nd I did the change, milled out the transfer port, loctite the brass piece to the barrel, but cannot shoot because got to Sunday evening bed time, and I have no silencer.

Today let me shoot some numbers. The f*n pellet won't fit in the hole. Measure it and the Huma hole is about 6.42 mm. Sent them an email "by any coincidence didn't they forgot to make a very last cut operation on the lathe, because the original FX port is about 6.62"

I am still patient and cool. Just to tell this story to people hallways looking for any smallest sh*t to cry, wind or yell about.

:)

Edit: btw, why would I measure a part right out of the bag if that just arrived in the mail...you would do?

Imagine my story. I don't know what to do laugh or cry.

March 4th got the FX Impact MK2 PP

March 8th ordered some Huma parts including the dual port.

March 8th I suppose to take a flight for family vacation trip South when the airport authorities removed us from the airplane do to some technical difficulties, they've call it some glitch.

So, sittin at home since in self isolation (I am 60, smoker, and cancer survivor), tinkering about this hobby full time.

March 18th I received the Huma parts, reading through this forum I made a decision to enlarge the brass transfer port, I have a micro milling machine, it is small but I learned to work with it. Unfortunately no lathe, I would be satisfied with any table top - basics in my garage.

March 22nd I did the change, milled out the transfer port, loctite the brass piece to the barrel, but cannot shoot because got to Sunday evening bed time, and I have no silencer.

Today let me shoot some numbers. The f*n pellet won't fit in the hole. Measure it and the Huma hole is about 6.42 mm. Sent them an email "by any coincidence didn't they forgot to make a very last cut operation on the lathe, because the original FX port is about 6.62"

I am still patient and cool. Just to tell this story to people hallways looking for any smallest sh*t to cry, wind or yell about.

:)

Edit: btw, why would I measure a part right out of the bag if that just arrived in the mail...you would do?

Sorry for the bad luck big! A word of advice, always test first to get a baseline. That way, you can see if improvements were made. In this case it would have saved you time wasted on the brass port, and how much extra you might have gained for your efforts. Also, i wouldn't do any work to the port until you have your new probe installed. That way, you can install the port and seat a pellet with the new probe. Then, pull the barrel with the seated pellet and see just how far its seated and how much material you have to work with and remove. Id even pull the probe and slide it up to the pellet just to see if everything looks good. Takes longer to do these steps but will save frustration down the road. Good luck.

I have a micro milling machine, it is small but I learned to work with it.

Could you add a small rotary table with a chuck to your mill ?

I dressed up my little machine for years with any kind of tools/jigs/chucks/cutting tools and I was thinking buying that table as well for a once-in-a lifetime ideas whenever I woke up in middle of a night, but too late now. For holding the piece vertically I would miss a height. I will haveto figure something what I have in my drawers...missing a tenth or two only.