FX - time to move on?

WHAT?
Are you saying there are OTHER brands, besides FX? LOL!

Im a FX fanboy.
I purchased a FX Monsoon about 10 years ago, and since then, Ive tried other brands, but FX products are all Ive hung onto.
Never had any issues from any of the FX products!
I just pulled my Crown .30 out, that had been sitting for years, and after a few shots, it was still full of air, and as accurate as it was the last time it was used!

Im currently interested in a new, short, simple, economical rifle, and unfortunately, nothing in the current FX line-up really suits my needs.
But if FX offered a short, simple, economical rifle, it would be absolutely first on my list!

Seems like the new Avenge-X is getting lots of positive recommendations, but I offer no experience with it.
Good luck with your search!

I have owned my Logan Solo for about 20 years or so. Won 4th place in the national champions with it. Great rifle very accurate. I bought it used and give $300. for it, very much worth the price. My other FX is a Royale 400 in .177 cal. haven't owned it long enough yet, but it seems to be a winner.
I guess this is where all the Logun Solo owners gather! Yeah, hard not to like. Dead nuts simple, with an LW barrel. Mine is a .177 w/ manually indexed magazine system. I have also had mine for around 20 years, but I never placed in a national championship. (or state, or county)

For those that don't know, it's a rebranded FX T-12. I also have an FX T-12FT in .22 that I have had for 14 or 15 years that I have had trouble letting go of. It's not the latest, or greatest, but it just works.

I have 7 FX rifles, and as you said, some good, some great. The problem with them is that there are too many adjustment options, and it prompts us to continually fiddle-fart with them to find the "sweet spot" of accuracy rather than perfecting our marksmanship. I've spent way too much money on slugs and pellets for that purpose. Looking back to my pre-FX days, I had 6 different RAW rifles which all shot good with their factory settings. Unfortunately, I sold them. Now, RAW has made some upgrades allowing them to shoot in the same powerband as others. These guns are as rugged as a D9 Caterpillar with the best triggers. Chose your favorite projectile and have a RAW built for it.

I like having a variety of airguns. I have an FX DreamTac that really is great. But my next gun will be .20 cal, so no FX for me in the near future. They can't be everything to everyone. For my ownership experience (fantastic, BTW), I'll just say there are more than few FX airguns I'd buy if I had my dream budget. Then again, more than a few would be other brands as well.

What about other simpler platforms FX offers? Accuracy is amazing without the problems & "fussiness" of their technologically "busier" guns.
I agree.
FX Royale is a great, "simple" example.
FX Crown is as "complicated" or as "adjustable" as I personally care to ever own.
The FX DRS might be another great option, if its proves itself to be more accurate than a Royale or Crown.

I agree.
FX Royale is a great, "simple" example.
FX Crown is as "complicated" or as "adjustable" as I personally care to ever own.
The FX DRS might be another great option, if its proves itself to be more accurate than a Royale or Crown.
IMO when you get to this point in accuracy the differences are all on the shooter

I own 1 single FX. Its a Maverick Sniper and I have 3 barrel kits with calibers, .22, .25 & .30.

It's a boat anchor, it's solid, it's a joy to shoot, it keeeeels in .22 and .30 and slings pallets in .25 but is hugely disappointing with slugs in .25.

Move on?

Go to another manufacturer?

No way!

Get a gun that can shoot .25 slugs?

That sounds like the right tack. 😁

Reactions: qball
I own 1 single FX. Its a Maverick Sniper and I have 3 barrel kits with calibers, .22, .25 & .30.

It's a boat anchor, it's solid, it's a joy to shoot, it keeeeels in .22 and .30 and slings pallets in .25 but is hugely disappointing with slugs in .25.

Move on?

Go to another manufacturer?

No way!

Get a gun that can shoot .25 slugs?

That sounds like the right tack. 😁

FX superior heavy in 25 shoots slugs amazing well, you might need the heavy liner and a tune cause I know a few shot slugs well with their Maverick

Reactions: Firewalker
You know... I'm wondering if someone is willing to loan me thier working .25 liner?

3 barrels, 11 different slugs, all shotgun.

PM me your tune, something doesn’t seem right. I do recommend getting the carbon liner sleeve, also take apart your liner and make sure everything is in good order. Clean barrel with a bronze brush?

Reactions: Airgun Al and LDP
PM me your tune, something doesn’t seem right. I do recommend getting the carbon liner sleeve, also take apart your liner and make sure everything is in good order. Clean barrel with a bronze brush?
Just a little story I have from the past couple weeks of trying to get my Impact m3 tuned for slugs. I tried fx hybrids, jsb and nielsen slugs. None of them would group and I bought the 700mm tensioned slug barrel kit trying to get some consistency and accuracy. I watched tuning videos and tried everything. I got a few good groups but always a flyer and then completely fall apart without changing anything. But I stayed persistent and decided I was going to buy the carbon fiber barrel liner to replace the oring method. I figured whats another $30 at this point. The sleeve came today while I was at work. It was a really nice day today for this time of year in MT so I left work early to get the sleeve installed and do some more testing. Once I got the barrel apart and pulled the barrel liner things started to make a little sense. FX never put any orings on the barrel liner. Finally after all that and finding my barrel didnt have any orings for support adding the carbon fiber sleeve I got some consistency and almost a finished tune. I ran out of day light but it looked pretty good. I think I just need to trim a little more air from the shot cycle.

The moral of the long story is check your equipment and make sure everything is in place and nothing is missing. I bought the tensioned barrel kit a few weeks ago so this isnt something from the past with bad qc or issues with having all the parts this happened with a current purchase.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Just a little story I have from the past couple weeks of trying to get my Impact m3 tuned for slugs. I tried fx hybrids, jsb and nielsen slugs. None of them would group and I bought the 700mm tensioned slug barrel kit trying to get some consistency and accuracy. I watched tuning videos and tried everything. I got a few good groups but always a flyer and then completely fall apart without changing anything. But I stayed persistent and decided I was going to buy the carbon fiber barrel liner to replace the oring method. I figured whats another $30 at this point. The sleeve came today while I was at work. It was a really nice day today for this time of year in MT so I left work early to get the sleeve installed and do some more testing. Once I got the barrel apart and pulled the barrel liner things started to make a little sense. FX never put any orings on the barrel liner. Finally after all that and finding my barrel didnt have any orings for support adding the carbon fiber sleeve I got some consistency and almost a finished tune. I ran out of day light but it looked pretty good. I think I just need to trim a little more air from the shot cycle.

The moral of the long story is check your equipment and make sure everything is in place and nothing is missing. I bought the tensioned barrel kit a few weeks ago so this isnt something from the past with bad qc or issues with having all the parts this happened with a current purchase.
I would be interested if they sold complete gun kits.This way you know it's getting done right. Give us that option.

Reactions: LDP