• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX - time to move on?

I like FX. They're very well made and have been quite reliable for me. The Czech guns are also fantastic shooters, but they all tend to be a bit heavy and chunky for my taste. Personal preference.

I participate in pretty much every shooting/hunting sport there is, not just airgunning, and I spend my money on high-end equipment that is reliable and performs well. I don't spend money on marketing wank. FX is at the top of my list for airguns, and they earned their spot at the top.

That said, I've noticed that many (not all, but many) of the people who disparage FX either have never actually owned an FX gun, or have had one bad experience with them. There was another thread here just a few weeks ago started by a guy who went on and on about how FX guns were overrated and how people shouldn't waste their money on them....and turned out that he had never even owned one.

Just my $0.02
You have picked up the typical MO on this type of behavior.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
I like FX. They're very well made and have been quite reliable for me. The Czech guns are also fantastic shooters, but they all tend to be a bit heavy and chunky for my taste. Personal preference.

I participate in pretty much every shooting/hunting sport there is, not just airgunning, and I spend my money on high-end equipment that is reliable and performs well. I don't spend money on marketing wank. FX is at the top of my list for airguns, and they earned their spot at the top.

That said, I've noticed that many (not all, but many) of the people who disparage FX either have never actually owned an FX gun, or have had one bad experience with them. There was another thread here just a few weeks ago started by a guy who went on and on about how FX guns were overrated and how people shouldn't waste their money on them....and turned out that he had never even owned one.

Just my $0.02
I really like the FX guns I have and had. The one my brother is getting is what we call a 'family' gun. It can only be owned by me or my brothers. Not sold to anyone else.
I don't feel like I'm knocking FX, just relating my experiences and thoughts. I mean they are 3 of the 5 PCPs I own!

Reactions: Spartan
@kd7rsrrze1 I suggest a Taipan Veteran. Mine has been accurate and flawless for two years.

Btw, I still shoot my Hoyt 35 lb traditional bow. They were the only company making a left handed traditional bow and it took them a year to make it. Fun bow to shoot but the shoulder doesn't care for it after about half an hour. I still like the surprise of the release, always will.

Reactions: kd7rsrrze1
@kd7rsrrze1 I suggest a Taipan Veteran. Mine has been accurate and flawless for two years.

Btw, I still shoot my Hoyt 35 lb traditional bow. They were the only company making a left handed traditional bow and it took them a year to make it. Fun bow to shoot but the shoulder doesn't care for it after about half an hour. I still like the surprise of the release, always will.
I always cringe when I see somebody say nobody makes southpaw trad bows except Hoyt. I have a lefty Montana in the shopping cart direct from Bear- in stock.

Back to topic- I don't think anybody can go wrong with any of the Czech PCPs, though I've had a hankering for another EdGun for a while; bought a Lelya 2.0 off another member here and my wife can shoot MOA at 75 yards with Hades. Groups open up a smidge past that, but it wears a basic 6x scope- needs better glass. The Taipans/Veterans remain a top-notch contender and I've seen fewer complaints about those than just about anything else in the comparable range.

If you are thinking about getting a Taipan Veteran, my recommendation would be " go for it " . I have the standard Veteran and it looks like a compact next to the Maverick VP . It shoulders nice has plenty of power, accurate, and a heavy duty build. The main frame is held together with 8 good size bolts . With 2 mags and a single shot tray and a full oring replacement with the Vet I think it's a fantastic value. The hard part is deciding if you like the new model or the original.

20230505_081326.jpg

If you are thinking about getting a Taipan Veteran, my recommendation would be " go for it " . I have the standard Veteran and it looks like a compact next to the Maverick VP . It shoulders nice has plenty of power, accurate, and a heavy duty build. The main frame is held together with 8 good size bolts . With 2 mags and a single shot tray and a full oring replacement with the Vet I think it's a fantastic value. The hard part is deciding if you like the new model or the original.

View attachment 353818

stocks seems cheaply made

It's good to experience different models and different brands. As of now I still have a FX Royale 400, Daystate Huntsman and a Taipan Veteran. All of these seem to have the approval of being reliable models from many here on the forum. That has been my experience also and that is why I still own and shoot them. I am a shooter, not a tuner so, I like more of the plug n play guns.

Lol, I’m not a total fx hater, I do like wildcats royale’s and crowns.. other than that kick them to the curb ☺️
You're losing your touch though. I figured you'd be in the thread by the 5th post at the latest. And yes, while I really like my two FX's I also like my two Brocock's and my RTI.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
The original post was about getting a different brand of air rifle, wasn't it?
Why do so many people feel the need to defend FX...FX is known to make excellent air guns,they need no defense.
I of ADD mind could and never own One brand of anything, and yes I do compare and have found out there is many good, and few great.
Been said,"Variety is the Choice of Life".=one great thing is worth many good things.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
The original post was about getting a different brand of air rifle, wasn't it?
Why do so many people feel the need to defend FX...FX is known to make excellent air guns,they need no defense.
I of ADD mind could and never own One brand of anything, and yes I do compare and have found out there is many good, and few great.
Been said,"Variety is the Choice of Life".=one great thing is worth many good things.
I hear ya on variety, I like a variety of women to do lines of cocaine on their ass’s 😀, just kidding, variety is good.. no one airgun maker is the best and always good to explore other brands, for instance I’m about to pull the trigger on a old school 20+ yr old Ripley air rifle.. 😉👍