FX - time to move on?

I have owned 4 FX products and of the 4, 1 has been great and the others are great sometimes and at other times... not so great.
The great one was the Logun Solo in .22. Robust and just flat dependable oh, accurate too.
Second best is my late model Impact MK in .22.
Third would be my Wildcat MK3BT Compact. 22. Love the stock!
Lastly is my Impact MK3 in .22.
The Logun Solo only ever required breach o-rings every few years. Why did I ever sell it??
My Mk2 Impact has been pretty good with the 700mm barrel and slug liner. I have had to replace the regular once and both gauges once. I was hoping the barrel tensioner system would be a step up but I have yet to have found a way to keep it as consistent as was my own simple system. I cut a piece of carbon fiber (thick walled) tubing squared the ends and secured tension with my moderator. I could pick it up buy the barrel without notable POI shift. A little silicone grease on the ends goes a long way to ensure this. I have had to replace the bottle to bottle adaptor washer/ seal also. I don't push it hard but I do have 2 hammer weight washers installed. I shoot NSA 24.8 grain slugs around 1030fps. Both liners love JSB MRD between 870 and 920fps.
The Wildcat MK3BT Compact is great with the HADES around 930-935fps an MRD as well but it can be pretty sensitive accuracy wise more than the others. Short barrel syndrome?? This has need a new bottle gauge and breach o-rings. Less than a year old. The 600mm liners both have less than acceptable accuracy. Both lead up really fast!
The Impact MK3 does well with the 700mm and 800mm barrels. The 800 has the FX tensioner system and loves 31 and 28.5 NSA slugs. The latter at 1070ish. It has the heavier Huma brass hammer weight and NSA slug probe. I'm on my second 1rst regulator 2nd set of gauges. I'm running my 2nd regular at 155 and feel like the 1rst reg is better suited for much lower 2nd reg pressures if need at all. The MK2 is just more consistent than this is.
At this point I'm considering getting a Tiapan Veteran, Kalibur Cricket or something else that is more robust and less finicky.
Selling the MK2 to my brother for his fist PCP. It should do him a good job for pesting and target shooting from his deck.

I've had two. My 25 Maverick for over a year. Always shoots great, never had an issue and is still going strong despite my refusal to stop tinkering with it just for fun.
My M3 in .22 I've had for several months. No issues at all.

Sounds like you are incredibly unlucky in having only a 25% success rate with your FX rifles.
I had a Brocock that had to go back to the dealer several times despite it's reputation as a reliable rifle right out of the box. My other Brocock was flawless.
But you need to go with what makes you happy and confident. The beauty of having choices.

Reactions: HogKiller
I've had two. My 25 Maverick for over a year. Always shoots great, never had an issue and is still going strong despite my refusal to stop tinkering with it just for fun.

Sounds like you are incredibly unlucky in having only a 25% success rate with your FX rifles.
I had a Brocock that had to go back to the dealer several times despite it's reputation as a reliable rifle right out of the box. My other Brocock was flawless.
But you need to go with what makes you happy and confident. The beauty of having choices.
More than anything, I expect a higher level of quality for the money spent.

I would too. I just got off the phone with Volvo. My wife's 9 month old XC60 is dead in the garage with a bunch of error messages. They told me all the steps I had to take to get the car there. I said, "No I don't, call me when the tow is on the way and have my loaner ready". They have the tow on the way and a loaner waiting for me. LOL

Would/could you elaborate on which model it was?

Would/could you elaborate on which model it was?
Brocock Sniper XR Magnum. First the cocking mechanism was seized up, I couldn't pull it back or push it forward, it was stuck in the middle. Then it had no pressure on the shot, wouldn't load up the air. AoA was great and had quick turnaround both times,,it was only a couple of weeks apart, and afterwards it shot great. It's just an example of sometimes there are problems with any given brand.

Reactions: L.Leon
Daystate (beauty and quality), AGT Vulcan 3 or Uragans 2 (quality and performance), Sidewinder (super easy to use rifle, super quality and super accuracy at close and super long range).

Last edited:
I would too. I just got off the phone with Volvo. My wife's 9 month old XC60 is dead in the garage with a bunch of error messages. They told me all the steps I had to take to get the car there. I said, "No I don't, call me when the tow is on the way and have my loaner ready". They have the tow on the way and a loaner waiting for me. LOL
Just a reminder, Volvo is now owned by China.

Technology problems are more frequent when you include more technology in the processes.

That is why I have not bought a Daystate with a computer. Mechanical problems can be easily identified even by my self.

Technological failures are MANY notches above my skills!

I made a drive test on a Nissan Xtrail 2023. That SUV is so technological that wherever you turn your head and look at, you identify multiple pieces that will eventually fail. Horrible feeling ! Believe me !