FX taking over the market?

"Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the truth lies elsewhere. If there is a universal PCP, it is the Benjamin Marauder. While industry sales numbers are hard to come by, I would suspect Crosman-Benjamin has sold more Marauders than every model of the FX ever made. "

The Marauder is a good, solid, entry level PCP, as that's where I am now. Saving my pennies for a better gun though. tried and true design, but I want some of the whistles and bells higher end guns have.

I think the group here is a bit skewed though. Most air rifle shooters don't visit this site, so we as a group really can't say who owns the market. I suspect that if you looked at raw shipping numbers, Crosman, Umerex, Hatsan, or other large manufacturers dwarf FX. We just talk about FX more due to the advances.

"Smaug"
"Birdo"No. Cheap springers is as far as most guys get. Then cheap CO2 and low end pcps.

The $1000+ Airgun is rare indeed, but I have pair
Most guys stop at pumpers they had as kids, then write off airguns and buy powderburners when they grow up.
Only the elite are open-minded enough to try "adult airguns." :)
I'm glad that I'm considered elite lol smaug. I'll soon be a proud owner of a fx streamline 25. Laminate😍 ps. I'm tagged on the aoa Facebook and instagram page. I fanboyed so hard when I saw that lol. If you look at the picture the guy who is holding the streamline is Brad. He's the guy who me and my dad talked to as we were paying for the streamline.

"ocedummy"Had to call all over to get a .25 Impact, a vendor had a .177 and was willing to swap barrels. Worked good. Called two weeks later to buy the .177 barrel, gone. Tried everywhere, no barrels. Pre ordered one 3 months ago, nothing yet. Try to buy an Impact , Impact barrel or a FX Crown, not available. All the hype, but no product .
I think that is more of a supply and demand issue. The Impact sells out almost immediately when a shipment arrives and the crown isn't even available in the USA yet...

"GQ"The first reason why FX airguns pricing is high is ,,,In Sweden , the company taxes and employe social cost are the highest in the world.
If FX were producing their guns in Canada for,example, their production cost would drop by 60% and more.
That is why Ericson for example, have more employe out of Sweden than inside their country.
Too bad for us because we have to pay high price for FX products.

Very well said with Sweden's Tax rate at 50.1 % its crazy, And there labor rates are the highest in the world.
I guess that's why I do not drive a Volvo or have a FX gun, If the Impact was made in the USA or Canada it would cost 1,200 bucks tops.
Mike

I hope FX takes over the market because I am waiting for an air gun to shoot 1,000 per fill, have a 100 cc bottle for light weight, 1M Bar, and sling pellets in the hyper velocity range that won't slow down to the transonic range at less than 1,000 yards. with a 10 dB report at the muzzle and full automatic with 100 round magazine.

Until then, I will have to weigh priorities depending on purpose such as 10 meter indoor Olympic paper punching accuracy at 567 fps, silhouette at 100 yards at 800 fps, and hunting with head shots at 100 yards at 889 fps, which is the best combination of accuracy and power; thereafter its a teeter totter effect just as shot count is inversely proportional to power output.

So, come on FX give me my dream gun, and at $99.99, or less than $100. Until then, I'll keep practicing with my Red Ryder.