FX taking over the market?

"ackuric"Hate to be a pessimist here but its just my humble opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.
We have a ways to catch up, and until we do, I'd bite my tongue on praising the current companies too much as imo they are slacking.
OK I'm listening ;)

I for one would be grateful if you would please list the companies who are slacking with perhaps a brief description regarding the shortfalls you allude to as this would allow me to understand more of what you are trying to convey. Thanks very much in adavance.

"jag159"woah woah woah there now Ive been studying apple for a very long time( sense 8th grade now in 4th year of under grad), and although I could go into detail about this, all I will say is yah can't beat apple at what they've done.
Microsoft beat Apple at what they were doing for 30 years. That, and there isn't any company that makes it to the top and stays there without being predacious in one form or another. Google, Microsoft, Cisco, and Apple are just some of the most egregious at it in the tech world. That said the rest of this is not directed at anyone particularly.

FX is winning matches; therefore everyone throws down the palm branches and sings Hosannas. Once the world figures out that most barrels are made with too fast a twist for good pellet flight (especially since pellets are principally drag stabilized) they will start winning against FX again. These things run in cycles. The most hungry company usually pushes to the top of the heap and stays there till they get complacent. It wasn't that long ago when all the matches were going to BSA Lonestars.

The most significant thing to come down the pike this year is coming from Umarex. That's my opinion. You have a regulated, full power, bottle gun at around $350.00. The tests show the gun is accurate enough to challenge ninety five percent of the people who pick it up. I have no idea how far it is back ordered but even I have my name on the "mail me when they are available list" and I'm mostly a springer guy. I don't know that I'm going to get one but I'll bet there are A LOT of people who are on that mailing list. I can buy four (4) gauntlets for the price of 1 FX. So Christmas comes around and I want all my grand babies... you get the idea. How many Dads are going to buy their kid an FX? For each one that does there will be ten who buy a Gauntlet for their kid.

Your Mileage May Vary but the game changer I see this year is not an offering from FX, it is an offering from Umarex.

"jag159"Hey look i am kind of petty at these things but here it goes......who says team galaxy...i don't hear it....but what I do here is team iPhone.....and just well ummmm apple apple apple lol and so your saying the only thing FX has is the smooth twist barrel?
;) . I say Android. In fact there are a lot of people who say "Android". You may hear "Team IPhone" and it just may be that you are not listening to anyone else. No, what I said was that the smooth twist barrel does not contain voodoo magic. It is a slow twist barrel.

I also think FX has been innovative with there designs and clever with there marketing. Making sure the right people are seen doing well with there guns. But think there are 2 really interesting developments taking place in the airgun world at the moment and who ever manages to merge these to technologies will be king.
1 fx has the adjustability in terms of calibre and 
twist rates with there new barrels. They also have adjustability in terms of air delivery but it's all mechanical. Analog
2 Daystate rules with air delivery! 
Elecronic. Absolute repeatable delivery and adjustability even down to in built chronograph 
technology. Digital
I think the market will end up following the tech leader which surely will be a joining of these to 
technologies. 

I really like to listen to the people that have all types of guns, People that have all FX guns I fluff them off to,
I do plan to own a Impact in a year or two when all the bugs are worked out. Nothing in the FX world even comes close to pulling me out of the market for a 25 Mutant ,
I do try and keep an open mind , Not an open wallet,
My Crickets and 22 Mutant are 100% guns, I can not find a reason to sell them,
I will just have to add,
I do think the 100 yard groupings is where the real accurate guns come into play, 20 , 30 40 yards is just fluff, The good barrels make good groups at 100 yards.
Mike

So far I have shot 20,000 pellets out of my .25 caliber Impact and never had an issue.
I assume I will have to change a ring one of those days but for me it is part of pcp airgun maintenance.
Comparing airgun to Apple or Android is not the best analogy in my own opinion.
I would say that FX airguns are the Mercedes or BMW product line of the airgun industry.
FX have a strong market share in high end and will be the leader in mid end product market soon with their more affordable rifles.
I dont think their market strategy is to be the general number one on the market , but to be the "best brand name" for their own product line category.
Regards'
GQ

"ackuric"Hate to be a pessimist here but its just my humble opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

-2017 hasn't been all that great...just imo, maybe 2018 will be, but I'd hold off and say it'll start getting good after 2020, if even by then..

-I think shot count increasing from 2015-2016 was bigger for the air gunning community than anything done so far in 2017. And trust me I am keeping my eyes wide open and waiting for something ground breaking to happen. The FX Smooth twist which is nothing new was more innovative than anything done this year as well.

There is ALWAYS going to be new releases, and there will always be something bigger and better, its how any market works, otherwise it becomes dry, because the community in most any market is limited, and while that community is passionate about their hobby/love, they are what keep the wheels/gears moving. 

If you want to go into business, and think 1 product will make you billions for a business life that's longer than you and your children's lives without ever upgrading / updating models and ideas, you're out of your mind. Its the nature of a this type of business, just like automobiles.

Is FX leading the forefront in air gunning innovation? Well...the new barrel liner idea really isn't that innovative nor is it ground breaking, doesn't really solve any existing issues, if you want a specific twist rate and barrel length you can get that done without the need for said technology, so imo this technology will becoming obsolete in a matter of time. I don't think companies are waiting for the patent to run out on this one...

Airguns have been around since 1780 which is 237 years...automobiles have been around since 1870, which is 147 years, and look at all the bells and whistles they have, and how far they have gone, self driving now, albeit they are at a much higher use rate... Are our rifles out hunting for us? LOL no. Do they self-adjust power based on the shot your taking to minimize energy remaining after going through target? Are perfectly balanced electronic valves and triggers fairly common/normal which are far superior to most current valve/trigger systems used? No. Are hammer-less semi-auto air guns common? No. I can go on and on. Air guns and their tech isn't THAT evolved.

We have a ways to catch up, and until we do, I'd bite my tongue on praising the current companies too much as imo they are slacking.

The ability to easily change barrels to a different caliber and/or twist rate while maintaining POI is a pretty damn good achievement IMO.

Also, Daystate seems to be doing some interesting things with the electronics in the Pulsar...

"jag159"remember haha ("slaps knee") I started this thread and yea I've seen some phenomenal advancement this year and the year isn't even half way over yet, and theres nothing wrong with comparing FX to brands that are using some of the same marketing strategies.
Nothing wrong....but it is not the same strategy.
We cannot compare.
Regards
GQ

I think the next great thing will be a more electronic focused rifle. I love my Daystate MTC, electronic trigger and some of the info it provides. 
But the idea of a having a Bluetooth connection to a app on my phone would be unreal! It could provide all sorts of data back into a program and change settings on the fly with pre-sets loaded. 
You can save and share your data with others and they could load it directly into their rifle adjusting the valve, hammer and maybe a electronic regulator!