FX Superlight barrel supports

Hey all,

I pulled the shrouds from both my 380mm and 700mm barrels and found the front barrel support had moved toward the breech. On the 700mm, it had left quite a bit unsupported. On the 380mm (love this barrel), both supports had wound up bunched together mid-barrel. I’m curious if they moved on their own, from the back pressure, or if they have been like that from the factory. I will simply put a bit of tape on the breech side of each support. Has anyone else experienced this?

Scott

I found the front to spacers on my crown about 3"apart when took shroud of. I did move them so were closer to what I have seen. Had like 10 - 12" of barrel unsupported. The gun actually shot my best group ever before I messed with spacers. Like 4 in one hole at 50 yds and shot 4 just barely making hole bigger. Not been able to duplicate that group since I messed with spacers. Maybe my barrel and reg setup was the perfect tune. May never know. I hope to find that sweet spot again and not touch it after.

Get the carbon liner and then just leave one spacer at the end, done! The best spacer is no spacer, you can add a little tape for the last spacer in the end so it won't move period.

I believe that will be my next step. I know that when I put the spacers where they belong, my poi shifted quite a bit, maybe 2 inches up and left, on my 380mm barrel. Being such a short barrel, I can’t believe it sagged under its own weight. In my mind if the barrel can’t free float, then 2 points of contact should be better than 3, provided that I can eliminate barrel sag, which the carbon fiber tube hopefully will do. I’ll do my new 500mm barrel first. I will try a single support with no liner on the 380mm just for git’s and shiggles. Thanks for the input everyone. 
Scott