• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Superior Liners??

Hey Guys and Gals,

Anyone know what the Superior "heavy" Liner is designed around?

I read them being for use with slugs and "heavier" pellets but not sure what heavier pellets they are designed for...

I would assume the .25 heavy would be for the 33.95 pellets and up (and heavier slugs)

Would the .22 heavy be needed for the 25.39 redesigns?

I swear I am gonna need another cabinet just for FX liners at this rate!!!! 

Will end up like my moderator drawers....Have 3 drawers now that all look like this just for suppressors and a whole damn bin for liners...

Slug A and B, Superior now Superior heavy not to mention all the STX liners I removed to install the other liners!!! What's next Superior Ultra Heavy for when a Howitzer just wont do!! 

1595740743_839199215f1d1247ab24c6.89704640.jpg

That's how fx makes money. If they have only 1 or 2 liners. What happens when everyone have it. They won't sell anymore. So need to come up with another liner, pp, valve, slug power kit, dual port, new spring, new amp 2 reg, better guage, heavier hammer, etc. Its a never ending cycle.

Yes, it's just terrible how FX keeps improving their products, but does so in a way that allows you to upgrade your old gun, instead of having to buy a new gun every time they make an imprivement. Just terrible!

I don't know about the heavy liner, but I recently took delivery of a 600mm STX Superior in .25 . I marked one of the external rifling grooves with a sharpie and it appears to take close to the full length of barrel for 1 complete twist. So somewhere around 1:23" or so rate of twist. Pushing a JSB 25gr through there is a fairly tight choke for the last 1.5-2" of barrel. I have read this barrel was primarily designed for 25ish gr projectiles but also shoots JSB 34's pretty well.

I'm not sure what I will be doing with it yet, I may replace an Mrod barrel that I used to build my .25 P15. it is a very accurate gun as-is, but getting a couple more inches of barrel and losing a bit of weight in the process is fairly attractive. Maybe a project for this winter. 

I was told by Fx to get the heavy liner for my new .30cal corwn countinuum. I ask why the superior heavy liner because my crown don't have the power of a impact he said it's not about the fps it's the weight and twist rate. So I will shoot 44gr at 920fps about 83ftp so if I shoot 44 or 50gr with my 30cal they say heavy. But now the really confusing part they ship the crown with a superior regular liner but it's not the heavy?? So if it's better as you say why don't they put it in from the factory? One way or another you will be paying for extras every FX airgun is a great airgun but it's just a base plat form a good base but just a base. You want the best of the best FX has to offer you will pay for the extras. Open your wallets boys hahahah

I asked about the superior liners to fx via their email for inquiries and it was Johan Axelsson who responded, he said that for 27 and around grain slugs the superior liner works great, his words.

But if you're looking into 34 grains and up you should look into the superior heavy liner.

I guess the twist rate must be higher to give more stability, just me guessing, this is not said by him on the email.

I got the heavy one anyway, shooting .25 27 grain but going to shoot 29 grains from now on, higher bc.

I just sent another email asking what is the twist rate of the superior heavy liner, will post when i get the answer.