• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Superior Liner .30 cleaning

I do clean mine, but only mop it or quickly use the crown saver pull through. I don't clean it to wear there is no black on the patch, but I do clean after 100 rounds or so because it's easy to do. Matt Dubber said that his experience this barrel shoots better dirty. I haven't have this experience. Mine shoots best basically in the middle. 

Also I know guys that have over cleaned them and polished the barrel too much and it ruined their accuracy consistency. This is what I experienced with my circle of friends with Impacts. If was like the slug wasn't getting enough engagement with the liner after the polishing, maybe it's because the type of rifling in these liners? Obviously as you know there are different levels of polishing and some have had a good experience with a liner polished. I am not polishing my liner, even though it would be a fun project, but don't want to risk. Already spent too much money on this damn impact money suck.

I don’t clean. Doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t be :)

but I have a decent 100y groups.
21E5252D-686A-45C4-BBE9-42B184DD5144.1624801693.jpeg

When I clean I use a regular .22 rifle brush on my .22 Superior liner. 4-5 passes, then 3 or 4 tight patches pulled through and it's clean. I still don't know whether it matters. I do find that my first few shots after cleaning are 30 or more fps slower. I always replace the breech O-ring after cleaning since I assume the brush beats it up. I don't pull the liner to clean, not after all the trouble I took to index it.

I can confirm that my Superior liner still needs cleaning. I'm shooting a .30 superior slow twist 1:37. It has about 1200-1400 shots through it and I've cleaned it twice, but waited too long both times. Accuracy had already slipped significantly.

First cleaning around 600 rounds I did 5 pulls with JB bore paste. Barrel was SUPER dirty.

Second cleaning around 1200 rounds barrel was cleaner and took a lot less patches. I gave it another 5 pulls of JB bore paste. From here on out, I'm planning on normal cleaning patches only, no more JB.

Last time I cleaned it, it was shooting about 1" at 50 yards. After cleaning it went down to 0.375" at 50 yards. Groups were so tight I had to jump to 100yards to do any tuning. I'm shooting JSBs right out of the tin. 

I pull my liner to clean. This is easy since I am using masking tape wound around the liner in 4 locations rather than o-rings, and also I indexed the liner and marked both it and the housing by grinding a tiny dot with a dremel (paint, marker, etc didn't stick well). So far it has returned very close to original POI.