• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Streamline differences

I'm somewhat new to PCPs and shopping for a really accurate .22. My Hatsan AT44 is lots of fun but has left me a bit underwhelmed. I see an FX Streamline for sale in the classifieds occasionally and am wondering what the differences are between them and what's available now. I don't see them for sale new anymore. What do they lack compared to new models? Do you think one would scratch my accuracy itch? I'd probably shoot mostly pellets at 50+ yards but might like the ability to do slugs some too.

The sl is essentially the predecessor to the dreamline series. The 2 main differences between the current models and the streamline is the new smooth twist x barrel and the interchangeability of parts that allows you to change the dreamline platform to other versions. In regards to the barrel system I would say that the accuracy gained is minimal, as the streamline and other past fx models with the original smooth twist barrels were still really accurate guns capable of sub half moa groups at 50 yards. The new dreamlines allow you to buy kits (eventually as FX takes forever to release products they promised) to change from bullpup, rifle, compact rifle, etc. If you are sure you want to keep the classic rifle look then I don't think it would make much of a difference. They have a few other minor changes such as a newer reg and bigger magazine, but those don't make much of a difference. The sl and dl were not created with the intention of shooting slugs, they lack the power to push them fast enough to take advantage of the accuracy. However, fx recently released a power plenum for the dl that would up the power, making slugs a viable option for the dl. However I am not sure if you can fit it onto the streamline.

I had a Streamline in .25.

Shot it quite a bit at our club down in Cross, SC. Easy peasy 75yd gun. 100yds if you do your part. 

I was laying it down with it at Cross one day when my Impact was on the fritz and one of the guys there just couldn't resist. Sold it on the spot. He loves it. 

I think it's a really nice gun and while I do like the Impact a LOT more, if you are set on something like that it's hard to beat. 

Scoop one up and enjoy. 

Don't forget to budget for nice glass and an airtank/fill.

Here it is next to my S510

1581373021_17812518105e41d65deb3905.80978420_20170109_153711.jpg