FX Streamline......AA S510 killer?

"NMshooter"AA has beautiful rifles but needs to "up their game" or they will continue to lose market share to FX, Kalibrgun,Daystate and the rest. There really is no reason for rifles at the $1,000.00 mark and up to not be regulated and moderated and a decent shot count! The safety and fill port are just small issues. The new Galahad .25 is rated at 32 FPE, really? Why would someone in the US buy this when their competitors are shooting at 40-50 FPE. Air Arms may find themselves like BSA (bought up by GAMO) if they don't stay with the competition. I personally would like to have an AA rifle if they would make the necessary changes for the US market!!!!

Doc

Hope you are reading Air Arms!
Typical British behaviour, they know best and their way of doing things is the right one. Just look what happend to their car industry. 
Imo the British air gun industry hasnt done anything nice or new in ages, just look at the bullpups. The Galahad is most likely the ugliest thing ever, and the pulsar is really close behind. 

Quite frankly I dont get the fuzz about air arms, the tx200 and pro sport are stunnig but their pcps are just boring middle of the road low tech rifles these days. Daystate do make some stunning gear but right now it feels like its kinda the same stuff over and over again. "special edition" my ss. 

end rant.

"NMshooter"AA has beautiful rifles but needs to "up their game" or they will continue to lose market share to FX, Kalibrgun,Daystate and the rest. There really is no reason for rifles at the $1,000.00 mark and up to not be regulated and moderated and a decent shot count! The safety and fill port are just small issues. The new Galahad .25 is rated at 32 FPE, really? Why would someone in the US buy this when their competitors are shooting at 40-50 FPE. Air Arms may find themselves like BSA (bought up by GAMO) if they don't stay with the competition. I personally would like to have an AA rifle if they would make the necessary changes for the US market!!!!

Doc

Hope you are reading Air Arms!
I shared this opinion (and mostly still do) but having seen the consistency of some of the strings for 22 cal Daystate guns, I think there might be an exception to this rule. If they can achieve the same consistency without it, there is an argument for saying that a regulator is just another part that could go wrong. 

FX already has a few circa $1,000 guns but offering one with a reg as standard is a nice/needed touch. Shame it doesn't use a bottle though like the Tx-12 but you can't have everything. 

I think it will have more competition from the BSA R-10 MK2 which is a regulated bottle gun in a similar price range than the S510. Also, the Daystate Regal - while not regulated, the strings are consistent like regulated guns and they are now comparably priced. 

BTW, the Galahad is 32fpe in 25 cal because it's an S510 in bullpup stock. That's their words, not mine. It's in the sales blurb on the PA site. It's not a terrible thing because the S510 is a nice gun but not at $1700. You can buy an S510 and a walnut bullpup stock for less than the price of a Galahad. They did add a reg option though so they are starting to listen to customers. Still, I look at the other options for similar money and can't see why I would choose a Galahad but that's just me. I haven't heard from anyone why it's worth FX Impact money yet. If the price was consistent with their other guns, I might be tempted to take a chance on regulated 22 carbine. Their looks have kinda grown on me.

It's all just speculation until we see real world reviews for now. 

"scrane"The problem with AirArms guns is they lack Drama. They don't break and they don't leak. They just shoot. Ho Hum.
All PCP guns break. There isn't one that is produced in numbers that has never had an issue for anyone. That includes Air Arms. 

Now, your chances of seeing issues goes up considerably if you're an innovator with a steady stream of new designs and ideas. It's far easier to stick to what you know but then we wouldn't see anything new and exciting. We need both approaches.

There are people who think that once you have an Air Arms S510, that's all the air rifle you'll ever need. Then there are people who would lose interest without the next Impact to look forward to.

So, fast-forward to today. Streamline owners, how have they held up over time? I'm between an S510, a Streamline, or waiting for a Crown. I'm sort of surprised not more people zero in on the 1 year FX warranty versus the Air Arms lifetime (at least I believe so in US via Air Venturi). I've never owned a PCP, so I don't really know what I'm getting into as far as maintenance goes. However, I've bought many firearms and other high end items over the years and the warranty matters to me. What do others think?