FX Streamline .22 or .25cal?

"Airgun_N00B"@Maineiac So the wood is actually sturdier then? I've never seen or felt FX Synthetic stocks, so not sure how quality they are. I doubt if there's any airgun shops in my area (Panama City, FL), otherwise I'd see if I could get my hands on one.
FX synthetic stocks on their bullpup rifles are really nice but I found the Streamline synthetic to have a bit more flex than I would have liked. Another thing to consider is if you plan to drill into the stock for sling studs or a bipod rail. The wood might be sturdier and hold better.

I bought a .22 synthetic when they first got released. When it showed up it was missing the screw that holds the action into the stock. I called the vendor to ask what to do and they said to return it as it would take them a long time to find a replacement screw. I didn't think it should take that long to sorce a screw but then got leery about what else could have been missed during "quality control." Anyway, to send it back I then got put on a two month list for a replacement gun as they had shipped all they had received. I ended up canceling my order and bought a used wildcat. I loved it but really needed adjustable power to shoot in the barns. I traded a guy for his .22 Streamline and the synthetic stock broke in shipment. It looks like there were lots of little air bubbles in the material that might have weakened it right there at the wrist, plus someone at the post office probably saw a long brown box and decided it should be used as a surf board. Luckily he bought insurance and the Post Office paid him for a replacement to send me. I have since repaired the broken one and put it on when I know I'm going to go slogging around the corrals and barns. They sent a laminate one as a replacement one by the way. Much sturdier but I am afraid of scratching it 😩 I might have a deal on a .22 or .25 for you if you shoot me a PM. Tyler 
7bd21a301482d7110c535e09afb4c8f8.jpg

@Maineiac Yeah, I'd definitely want to install a bipod, so I guess Walnut may just be the best option. I looked into custom stocks, and I found a few people who may be able to do them for $500-$600, so that's always an option down the road. 

@TylerE. Wow! That's definitely not good! Cool that you got a laminate out of the deal though. But that's scary if the synthetic can break in shipping. The box you have it in doesn't look damaged or anything either. 
Also, what's the .25 cal you spoke of when you stated "I might have a deal on a .22 or .25 is you shoot me PM"? I'm buying a truck before I buy an air rifle, so it'll take me a couple weeks to get my funds built back up, depending on how much I end up spending on the truck.

Hola, por si te sirve, tengo un Wildcat en .22 y un streamline en .25.
los dos sinteticos, (es la mejor culata sintetica que he visto), en los dos he taladrado la culata y puesto un tornillo para madera para colocar el bipode, y no tienen ningun problema.
Para lo que quieres el rifle, mapaches, zorros etc... el calibre .25 es el tuyo. el costo de la municion no es lo mas importante y no es para tanto.
A mi .25 le gustan los JSB King, los JSB King Heavy ( los normales y los MKII) y los H&N Field Target trophy mas ligeros.
En cualquier calibre es una gran carabina, no te quivocaras...
Un saludo

@zeus Thanks for the info! I think I'll be going for a laminate .25 cal, so the insight on .22 vs .25 is helpful. 
As far as the synthetic stock, I imagine FX outsources those, there's probably some issues with quality control is all. Or maybe Tyler's stock was made on someone's first day at the job, or while the machines were being configured or something. I work as a 3D Artist, and while I've never done anything with molding, I've dealt with loads of 3d printing, and weaknesses in the material can be a one time issue. For instance, if you have bubbles in your print, it's often because your filament got wet in shipping, or elsewhere, and that little bit of dampness can ruin that batch of filament. 
Regardless, I got an offer I can't refuse on a laminate stock, so soon as I get paid, I'll be going with it in .25 cal :)