• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX - Stop the marketing hype!

I think the original post was complaining they release stuff they don’t have to sell. Almost like they have an idea, send it out to the 5 big YouTube influencers ..err I mean non biased reviewers, let them hype it up and see what our response is before they decide if it goes into production.
I agree w all those who said fx has absolutely changed the airgun world for the better overall. Their innovations have raised the bar for all the other manufacturers too so even if you are not a fx fanboy you likely have benefited from their work because they have all had to upgrade/update to stay competitive. As for focusing hype on bobcat, royal etc, fx has really benefited from convincing us we need constant upgrades. Why push a gun that shoots great and can’t be easily upgraded when you can sell an impact for same price and talk us all into another $2000 in upgrades. 2x as profitable.

As a FX owner myself, what marking hype are you referring to? I like to stay on top of anything that may make my shooting experience better. Is their something else that hasn't been released yet??? Just wondering...
The new FX Power Sneeze Guard MKIIII barrel accessory.
FX Accessories - Copy.jpg

When combined with at least 3 layers of bonded carbon fiber tube it's capable of taking a direct sneeze or a house fly landing within 1 foot of the muzzle without permanent POI change. May require additional support on barrels over 500mm.

funny that its always out becouse soon as its released all the people buy them up. would be nice to be able to tell how many people are actually gonna upgrade to this stuff. thats a hard call to make for sure

According to the inventory manager at Utah Air the 22 800mm tensioned barrel has 78 back orders when they TURNED OFF backorder so they won't even take my money to wait, I can't even get to the back of the line like the soup Nazi! It may sound like a lot but they sell a TON of impacts just at UA.

The DEMAND is REAL!!!

I remember a in line chronograph, that i still have not seen selling, or heard of it being cancelled CUZ that is a company's right too.

I am not asking FX to do their laundry in public, but the more realistic info i can get the bigger chance i can make realistic plans.

New DRS stuff for instance, they should know how much machine time and material is in one, so why no MSRP on them yet

The problem is they come up with an idea and before they do any development work on it they put it into production then after the new product is ready to ship a few guns or whatever to all the world markets they have done a little development work and realize if they do this instead its better so now they put that into production and on and on. Ive been complaining about this type of marketing since the maverick came out. Fx definitely has some interesting and brilliant ideas they just have to start researching and developing their products a bit longer before production to give customers a more thoroughly complete product!

Reactions: Florida_Man
I mean basically, everything they release is either sold out within hours or not available.

FX barrel tensioner kits release about a month ago. Not available in most sizes and calibers until Fall according to UA.

These items were announced on Airgun Nation and I can't find the post now:

FX digital gauges

FX radar mount rod

FX sound suppression system

FX radar display readout for mounting on gun

I know this is a old topic but since it was brought back up, I do see what you mean now. I preordered a 177 slug liner from SPAW as soon as we could do so. Short story, 2yrs later I canceled my order because they still hadn't received them! :mad:

Reactions: mercado