FX - Stop the marketing hype!

FX - I applaud your continued product innovation. However, please stop releasing products that are not available until several months after the announcement date. In some cases, they never reach the market and get buried.

I understand you are likely trying to create "Apple-ish" marketing hype and that's fine before the product release. Be prepared to deliver your product a couple of weeks afterward though. I don't want to hear the COVID, hiring, or logistic excuses. We all have them and found solutions to workaround.

#dobetter

Must be the introduction of the 1000mm barrels coming out that doubles as fishing pole :ROFLMAO:
fishing pole barrel.jpg

Last edited:
As a FX owner myself, what marking hype are you referring to? I like to stay on top of anything that may make my shooting experience better. Is their something else that hasn't been released yet??? Just wondering...

I mean basically, everything they release is either sold out within hours or not available.

FX barrel tensioner kits release about a month ago. Not available in most sizes and calibers until Fall according to UA.

These items were announced on Airgun Nation and I can't find the post now:

FX digital gauges

FX radar mount rod

FX sound suppression system

FX radar display readout for mounting on gun

Reactions: douger
At least they are putting in the effort. You could buy from some other company, not naming any names, and basically have the same airgun I had almost 20 years ago. I guess that is appealing to some, but not to me. I love FX airguns and their innovations and it's the reason I continue to buy FX. There are a lot of delays these days in every market.

At least they are putting in the effort. You could buy from some other company, not naming any names, and basically have the same airgun I had almost 20 years ago. I guess that is appealing to some, but not to me. I love FX airguns and their innovations and it's the reason I continue to buy FX. There are a lot of delays these days in every market.

Which airgun is that?

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
They announced their digital gage a long time ago but to this day no release date. The barrel tunner seemed to be just hype and they made it obsolete with the barrel tension system. They just need to take time and not announce something new every few months. They should have a decent amount of stock at dealers or at their warehouse before making announcements.

They announced their digital gage a long time ago but to this day no release date. The barrel tunner seemed to be just hype and they made it obsolete with the barrel tension system. They just need to take time and not announce something new every few months. They should have a decent amount of stock at dealers or at their warehouse before making announcements.
Totally agree!

Agreed except they are the victim of their own success, a year after the release M3 availability is still spotty at best. Tension system does not make tuners obsolete BTW, far from it.

We know FX has increased the production volume dramatically and yet demand Out strip supply. While it’s great we see many new people get into airgun hobby but we basically created our own problem, just look at the new winners at RMAC. Even powder burner you tube channel have airgun stuff now and it’s mostly FX……🥲

I’ve been moderately impressed with fx since my first wildcat and really like my impact but their you tube “influencer” campaign is getting tiresome. It’s a classic propoganda campaign. Sure it’s a good kit but the way they go on and on it should toast my bread too. …maybe even add the jam. Actually that would be a funny video. Light a fire by shooting a match, pop the bread off the grill with a bounce shot and then explode a jar of jam onto the toast and finally bounce the toast onto a plate. trick shooting and a fun parody. Off to do some sketches. Should not be hard. It’s an impact after all. :)

I’ve been moderately impressed with fx since my first wildcat and really like my impact but their you tube “influencer” campaign is getting tiresome. It’s a classic propoganda campaign. Sure it’s a good kit but the way they go on and on it should toast my bread too. …maybe even add the jam. Actually that would be a funny video. Light a fire by shooting a match, pop the bread off the grill with a bounce shot and then explode a jar of jam onto the toast and finally bounce the toast onto a plate. trick shooting and a fun parody. Off to do some sketches. Should not be hard. It’s an impact after all. :)

This is literally what has kept me from buying an impact, its shoved in our faces so much its a complete turn off.

Reactions: mercado
...which translates to “Keep the marketing hype train rolling. It’s going precisely as planned.”
It sure is a tough situation to be in for any manufacture to sell everything they can possibly produce, and pretty much maintain full MSRP for those products.

FX doesn't need to really worry about having a finished goods warehouse of any great size. Likely only need a big incoming materials warehouse, and a great big bank vault.

And they have been in this situation for some years now, without any real indication of buyers no longer willing to wait, and spending their money elsewhere (at least not in any numbers that really matter).

If I were FX, I'd be saying to myself 'Stay the course - everything we are and have been doing is working perfectly.'

Reactions: qball and ThomasT
Actually, I admire Mr. Axelsson. He created an excellent company that make very good airguns. He has been smart enough to hire excellent people to grow his company. That includes a marketing group that makes consumers want his next best thing. I also admit I have fallen for their hype. What we tend to fail to acknowledge is he also hires some of the best Tuners/Shooter/Engineers to develop these "next best things".

Two of the items EDventure referenced were introduced to the airgun community by Ernest Rowe on his web site as a DIY upgrades a year or more before the FX marketing department started to hype them as being available from FX. The first one that I really wanted was the Chronograph pole for my Impact. I kept looking for it to appear at one of FX's venders, but it never materialized. A few months ago I was visiting Ernest Rowe's site and found an old video on how to make one. It consisted of a 30mm picatinny scope ring and a 30mm OD carbon fiber tube. No fabrication skills involved. It cost me about a total of $40 to purchase the items required to make one from Amazon. It probably doesn't make sense for FX to offer one because some jack a$$ like myself will chastise them for charging too much for something I can make cheaper than they want me to pay them for one.

The other item is the barrel tensioner. Again Mr. Rowe has a video on how to make one on an older video. Granted the FX commercial version is a more complete solution and doesn't require any fabrication skills. This is an example of marketing hype that does bother me. The barrel (the thing the projectile travels through) is always under compression in the FX design. The container that houses the barrel is what is under tension. There is definite value to putting the container under tension but don't tell me the barrel is under tension! The barrel "system" is under tension but the barrel is still under compression.

FX seems to be getting better at having a supply of the latest item in stock at their venders prior to being announced. FX;s failing is under estimating the demand for their latest and greatest.

Reactions: qball and ThomasT