Tuning FX slug liner A not wanting to shoot slugs

Hey guys,

i bought the last of the slug A liners in .22 a while ago, and i just got around to using it a little bit, and it shot way off target. I noticed when i was swapping barrels that my slug A liner is shorter than my superior liner that was in the gun. Both were supposedly 600mm, But after i put the slug A in, it seemed harder to seat in the gun than the superior as well, and when properly seated, it hung low and to the left, but when my superior was properly seated, it was pretty centered. and when i finally got it shoot ready, it shot ~ 6” low and ~3” left, and that’s the pattern i saw with most slugs, and did not shoot very accurately either. I was wondering is there something i’m missing? Because after a good clean in my superior, it shot most slugs very well, but after a good clean in my slug A, it simply didn’t shoot anything very well compared to my superior. I also tried varying speeds, but didn’t shoot well either.

Yep, the slug A liners are great barrels, but they are much more picky with what slugs you use. Weight, diameter, length, shape. Also more sensative to the gun's tune. Quite frankly, I would try and bend it slightly to get it straight (I've bent liners before) and then mark it and index it. I have pretty much retired my slug A liner (700mm) in favor of a 500mm superior liner. The Slug A of mine would shoot 36gr .218 boat tails in one ragged hole at 100 yards. (With MUCH tuning) The 500mm superior I shoot much lighter ammo with, and have not stretched to 100 yet, but it is a shooter, I can say that. Hitting the same spot at 70 yards with 21gr ldc slugs. And whatever else I threw in it. 24gr, 25gr, ect.

I also use a bonded carbon fiber tube to further reduce tune sensativity on my 500mm barrel.

144966348_3876951552394948_4761830615413367284_n.1624596315.jpg