• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX shooters which gun

I have recently switched my Impact MKII from .25 caliber to .30 caliber. 

I am very impressed with the extra power !

It shoots NSA 49.5gr slugs 962 fps at 145 bar, that makes 101ftlbs at the muzzle, and still has 60ftlbs at 200 yards.

It is extremely accurate and less wind drift than the .25 caliber 29gr NSA slugs I was shooting.

The only con is that I get 35 shot per fill with the 480cc tank.

I wouldn't overlook the FX Maverick either. It has proven to have some solid power potential, and I can attest that it shoots wonderfully! I have the Superior Heavy in mine, and it is a laser with both the 54.5 and 61.5 grain NSA slugs. I didn't get a chance to do a whole lot of shooting in .30 though, because I was also testing other calibers. I was shooting them in the 110 fpe range, but it can easily shoot them at lower or higher power, fwiw.

The Crown is a great choice. Here’s 28 shots at 100 yards. Like mentioned already the cost of of pellets is more. And the impact on steel is very loud lol. Great shooting rifles in my opinion. This one was making about 78 FPE because AZ made a heavier hammer for it.
6A033067-E9BC-4A16-A2B5-44181EAECD40.1617933923.jpeg

First, full disclosure, I am not a fan of most of the FX line. That said, it makes one platform that I greatly admire, the Boss/Royale. The Boss in 30 caliber would be a great choice. I neither own a Boss, nor do any BR competition, but I think you will find it does quite well there. It is a relatively simple, robust platform, and uses the original solid ST barrel, no liner/sleeve/shroud assembly issues. I own a Royale 400, and it has been trouble free, accurate, never needs cleaning. If you enjoy tuning and tinkering, other FX rifles might suit you better, the Boss is an unpack-and-shoot rifle, no tinkering. 

Well, from my experience with a Gen 1 Impact in .25, I'd say Impact. Originally came with the 20cc plenum and smooth twist barrel. I've been able to upgrade so it's roughly the equivalent of the current generation by adding a power plenum and STX barrel and liner. Will be upgrading to a Superior Liner soon. Granted, the gun is only 4 years old, but still, been able to upgrade to current technology, except for the regulator. That's still the original 14mm reg, but it works.

I understand the Crown can be upgraded as well, but I can vouch the Impact is upgradeable. You can also add Dubber's power kit if you want (only about $40 at UAG). I understand it'll add about 20 or 30 fps on a .30 cal.

So, having never owned a Crown, I'd recommend an Impact. Butt ugly, but shoots, and shoots well.