• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Royale Regulator Rebuild Help

I followed Esting Rowe's video on disassembly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e90ANc8qb0k) and replaced the regulator o-rings. Not very difficult, so re-assembly shouldn't be difficult either. Put everything back in reverse order (or so I thought), but when I try to fill the gun I get a leak from between the breech block and the bottle adapter, and given enough pressure the o-ring pops. When I disassembled this was only finger tight, and it has to end up with the fill adapter on the bottom, so that's where I put it. Could I have missed something that's causing the regulator to block the airflow or something?

Like I can make out of your story, a popping O-ring, I'd assume you didn't screw in the big hex nut with the filling adapter far enough.

The big O-ring may not be visible from the outside, it is caught in a groove in the action.
As you tighten it, and the o-ring makes contact with the action, you can tighten it quite a couple of turns more, in a way the big nut is almost making contact with the action block.
When tightening, the o-ring has got to be "squeezed" in the o-ring groove inside the housing :)

jgburksYes and no. The popping o-ring was my own fault. The bottle adapter is only finger tight, and I didn't realize that I was a whole turn away from having it screwed all the way in. That was the problem with that o-ring. Still have a leak in my reg after replacing the visible o-rings, so I sent it to Earnest. Hopefully it's a simple fix for him.

Sorry to hear :(

I installed 2 regs yesterday, and always apply a decent layer of silicone grease before putting the reg in.
O-rings and holes many times are a unfortunate match, the holes have a tendency to have a bite out of the o-rings, which will often cause a leak.

The adapter needs indeed to be tightened all the way, and then backed off a bit until the filling adapter is aligned with the action block.
There is also a belleville washer behind the bottle interface to hold the regulator in place.
When the bottle is reattached, the HPA will prevent the bottle interface from rotating. (Sure it can rotate when pressurized, but definitely not by hand)

I'm sure Ernest will fix it, he knows what he is doing :)