FX Royale 500 shooters, help please

Yep, coincidentally last week ☺
Turned the reg. of a R500 up a bit, readjusted the hst, and it went from 245m/s to 255m/s.
My reg. tester is ready, but I yet have to measure the new reg. pressure. 
I turned the reg. up about 1/6th turn, but couldn't measure the pressure at that time.
The pressure can be measured by removing the stud to fit the stock.
The hole is threaded with m6 thread, and I can fit my hw100 reg. tester to measure the regulator pressure.
Basically, it is just a manometer with an adapter from 1/8bsp to m6. I made mine myself, but the are also for sale for little money:

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=428

Only thing you need more is a manometer (also inexpensive) to make the tool complete.

The gun can take it, but I personally wouldn't go beyond 160bar, which is the stock regulator pressure of the Boss (same regulator)

Regards,

Gijs

Reactions: Cliff_Allen
"PlanB"Now i have another question if youhave time. My fx royale 400, the one that i sent u the shot string for. It has got loud, it has a hugget and its louder than the r500 with fx shroud. it seems that my tune made it loud? is loud always bad?
The R400 has got a 100mm shorter barrel and a smaller shroud than the R500.
When you increase the hst, more air is used, thus a bit more noise.
My R500 always seemed to be a bit more quiet than the R400, even in stock form.
When you increase the regulator pressure, and readjust the hammer spring tension to get the same speed as you have now, it will likely be a bit more quiet.
Due to the higher starting pressure, the pellet receives a shorter but more powerful pulse of air to push the pellet forward.
With other words, the acceleration will be higher in the first part of the barrel, and less air will be wasted. Less waisted air means also less noise.
I tried this with my long barreled .177 LG110 Steyr, and with a high reg. pressure and the power set at 12ft/lbs, a silencer was actually not needed.
In stock form, it barked like a dog ☺

Some Royal 500 I have seen are unregulated, not sure if the reg from factory models have different valve seat or spring. But the gun will handle fill pressure not sure of working range of reg.. I would ask Ernest he is doing work on fx regs. The higher you make the pressure the more you have to adjust hammer spring valve spring etc. Plus the quicker you will fall off the reg.