• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Royale 500 Laminate

I received the FX Royale 500 Laminate from AOA, with the Hawk Sidewinder Tactical scope. I am loving this tack driver. No regrets! My question is: What is the best distance to sight the gun in at. I currently have it zeroed in at 23 yards shooting Exact King 25.39gr. JSB's. I use it primarily for sniping squirrels. Thanking you all in advance for helping:)

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO PCP SECTION

I generally measure the distance from the bore axis to the scope axis, then look up a ballistics calculator and enter the muzzle velocity and pellet weight/coefficient. Then sight the gun in for a range that gives me no more than 1" mid-range trajectory (usually between 50-70 yds dependent on all the variables above). This allows me to essentially sight dead on at a squirrels head out to 5-10 yds beyond the sight-in distance. 

With the 23 yard zero, I am still dead on almost out to 50 yards. I am only 1/4 inch low at 50 yards. 5 to 20 yards, I'm using the mil-dots for holdover with the scope set at 6.25x. Anything past 50 yards and I start to notice much drop. At 85 yards I am using two mil-dots with the scope set at 20x. This seems to be working out ok for me so far. I need to get some more shooting done between 50 and 75 yards to check for holdover as I do not see myself trying to take animals past 75yrds.

Thank you all for your replies thus far.

"jcjohn"I received the FX Royale 500 Laminate from AOA, with the Hawk Sidewinder Tactical scope. I am loving this tack driver. No regrets! My question is: What is the best distance to sight the gun in at. I currently have it zeroed in at 23 yards shooting Exact King 25.39gr. JSB's. I use it primarily for sniping squirrels. Thanking you all in advance for helping:)

Was that one of the EBR guns? Pictures please.
Jimmy

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO PCP SECTION