I was keen to find a BSA barrel. Finally I got a full length new production BSA barrel blank. I got it machined for my FX Royale 400. My 400 had Smooth Twist barrel previously.
After installing BSA I noticed a few things;
1. Its extremely accurate barrel
2. It shoots JSB 18 grain, 16 Grain and CP 14.3 grain almost equally accurately at small and medium distances i.e. 25 yards to 40 yards.
3. You can see in the pic that 10 shots of JSB 18 grain have made the hole only as small as it can be. It is almost 5.7mm hole.
4. At 75 yards it is also very accurate. It means 1/2" groups at 75 yards in good conditions.
5. This barrel also accepts high FPS. If I shoot JSB 18 grain at 970 fps it remains as accurate up to 40 yards but at 75 yards the best accuracy is at 880 fps.
6. CP 14.4 grain is also very accurate even at 1000 fps at 25 yards.
7. To me its all in one barrel in which I can shoot a large variety of pellets at various fps very accurately.
I remember Harry now when he praised BSA barrels. My barrel is from new batch still its amazing.
You can see that its 10 group in the pic is even better than 10 shot group of my Royale 500 .25 with Smooth Twist Barrel.
I am not going against any barrel making technology. I like Smooth Twist barrel as well but that barrel is good only with one kind of pellets and at certain FPS only.
Its just sharing of my experience.