Fx royale 300 or fx streamline 177

Between the two, if they are both smooth twist barrels, the Royale. It is more adjustable as far as reg pressure goes and has a larger, steeper pistol grip. Right now I am working on replacing the smooth twist barrel on my Verminator because it really isn't grouping well. From what I have been able to learn, the smooth twist needs higher power, around 19 fpe to be laser accurate and usually only with JSB 10.3's. All that said, the smooth twist x barrels are supposed to be doing much better especially in .177, but i do not have any practical experience with one. You may want to wait for the dreamline to release as it will have the x barrel available and several stock configurations. It's supposed to be out this month I think.

I've got a friend who came by with his new FX300 in .177 that he bought to shoot Field Target matches with. I believe he is pretty satisfied with it.

Then I have another friend who had a .25 FX Impact. He decided he wanted to give FT a try and bought a .177 barrel setup for it. It was a laser in .25 cal but a scatter gun with the .177 barrel. He could never get it to suit him, so he sent it back to AOA for a refund.

Then he bought an older model .177 Logun Solo made by FX with the Lothar Walther barrel and that thing was a laser!

If I was going to purchase an FX in .177 I would prefer a Lothar Walther barrel in that calliber. But FX is pretty much lights out accurate in all the other calibers! I've just heard more folks disappointed in the .177 Smooth twist than I have being satisfied with it? Like I say, my friend with the FX 300 is happy with his!

Of course pellet speed could have something to do with it also? I hear they like a very high speed which could cause FT shooters a problem with trying to stay under the 20 or 12 foot pound limit depending on the division they shoot in? For instance a 10.3 grain pellet would hit the 20 FPE barrier at 935 fps. I would think that would be fast enough though?

I shoot a 13.4 gr JSB Monster at 820 fps in my Thomas with the Polygon barrel and that thing is a laser.

We use these charts that give us a 2% leeway in maximum allowed speed per pellet weight.

http://aafta.org/Assets/resources/documents/MaxMV_20fpe.pdf

I would probably shoot an 8.4 gr pellet at 802 fps if I was in the 12 fpe division?

http://aafta.org/Assets/resources/documents/MaxMV_12fpe.pdf

Hope I haven't strayed to far off topic and was a little helpful?

Kind Regards

Jimmy