FX Fx royal information

Thanks gerry I will need help I’m sure.I will have to see what size scope rings come with it.any suggestions on scope.
I don't want to suggest scopes. The ones I have and use sort of came to me by "chance". I don't have the budget to allow me to spend a lot on optics (though I did luck into scopes that fit my needs and were above my budget). It depends on what works or appeals to each individual, what the budget is, what disciplines they'll be used for, how they fit one's physiology, etc. Mine were acquired more by "happenstance" than "intent" but they all work great for my purposes (hunting).
BTW, the Royale has Dovetail rails but there are all sorts of dovetail to picatinny adapters out there should you need.

Reactions: Dairyboy
And here's Gerry chiming in! GREAT RIFLE! GREAT PRICE! The Boss, Bobcat, Royale platform from FX are the only guns by them that I care to own. They won't shoot slugs, as a rule, because of the Original Smooth Twist barrels being designed around JSB pellets but they are arguably some of the best pellet barrels ever made!!! I've taken thousands of ground squirrels with my 3 guns. They're incredibly reliable, accurate, repeatable & NEVER let me down if I'm on my game. You can't ask for a better traditional pcp platform. 100+ yard shots have become routine for me with my personal best at 178 yards with my Boss (Basically a .30 Royale). Try finding negative posts about their performance. I'll bet it won't be easy! (Picture: front to back: .22 Bobcat , .25 Royale, .30 Boss)View attachment 390638
Can't beat those rifles. Have an Elite (single shot Royale) a Boss and 2 Bobcat MkIIs. Only thing I've repaired/replaced are the regulators, and only because I don't have the time to use them frequently. Will easily beat any of the "funky" barreled new FXs to 100yds, and without a bunch of accessories. Just saying........

EliteOnBench.jpg

HD2.jpg

Reactions: Gerry52
Lots of nice guns in here. Yes OP you will like the royale for sure. I guess I just fear with a reg and labor to install you probably could have picked up a crown. However, the royale is a great platform
I've owned both, and if necessary, I would pay more for the Royale. In the years that I have had my Royale I've done nothing to it except the rare barrel cleaning and adding a Boss Match trigger. In the 6 months I had the Crown, something needed attention on a too-frequent basis. Someone else was looking for a Crown, so my sale to him let us both improve our collections.

I recently picked up a GFX royal 400 from a local air gun shop here in Idaho on my first trip to the indoor range 25 yards it holds four or five shots almost pellet on pellet and then for no reason it will drift to the right and high I'll shoot two or three more shots to see if it's holding there adjust the scope to recenter and next thing you know two or three shots down there string it drifts again sometimes high sometimes low you never really know but it moves about 1/2 an inch does anybody have any advice what could be going on with this rifle I love everything about it except for that which I guess you can see would be a problem

My first of many pcps was a regulated .25 Royale from AOA . It is to date the most consistent and accurate pcp I've owned and the only one I regret selling. I wish it had been my 5th, 6th, 7th, etc., pcp because I would have known what a gem I had and likely would not have parted with it. I have a target that consists of 40 consecutive shots at 50 yards under a dime. I haven't been able to replicate that since with any other pcps I've owned.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM100GUY
My first of many pcps was a regulated .25 Royale from AOA . It is to date the most consistent and accurate pcp I've owned and the only one I regret selling. I wish it had been my 5th, 6th, 7th, etc., pcp because I would have known what a gem I had and likely would not have parted with it. I have a target that consists of 40 consecutive shots at 50 yards under a dime. I haven't been able to replicate that since with any other pcps I've owned.
I own a .25 Royale with the Huggett shroud and Grade 2 Stock. Very nice. Maybe I might sell to you.