• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Fx royal information

I have a variety of PCPs (Air Arms, Daystate, FX, Feinwerkbau, Walther) to compare to and am very pleased with my FX airguns.

My Royale is great - simple, solid and accurate. It's well worth having one.

BUT, also check out the FX Crown. In spite of being more "advanced" I think the Crown is ideal as a first (and maybe only) airgun for someone just getting in to the sport.

It shoots very well with factory settings but has the capability to be tuned to a wide variety of applications from low power indoor shooting to some pretty serious hunting level powers.

For a newbie, I'd say DON'T MESS WITH THE SETTINGS. But as you gain experience and knowledge the Crown is definitely an airgun the you can grow with.

Of the two approaches, buy cheap and sell/ upgrade or buy quality, I learned the expensive way that it's much better to buy quality.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers and welcome to airgunning!

Reactions: oledawg
I have an Hw95 95 and a Gamo coyote just thinking about a regulated rifle with a bottle.am looking for accuracy off of bench.possibly a Daystate or Fx.I prefer a traditional stock.I don’t think I wan t a gun that requires a lot of tinkering.
I think the tinkering aspect comes down to the shooter and the ability to refrain from tinkering. I bought the FX Crown knowing that it could be tuned in a variety of ways along with being able to change calibers (.177,.22,.25,.30) in 1 airgun. I thought I could leave it all along and not mess with it too much but that did not turn out that way. I am a tinkerer as such I tinkered. I found myself constantly changing setting more than focusing on my shooting technique. Then there are lots of knowledgeable FX folks talking and showing videos of additional internal tinkering which didn’t help. Now that I have the Red Wolf there is less tinkering, I can change my power setting and that is it unless I want to spend another $400 for the computer interface which I don’t plan to do. Now I am working on my shooting technique and becoming a better shooter. Both manufacturers make great airguns.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Post a picture of the trigger from the Royale or any other FX gun.

Then post a pic of the trigger on any other PCP, hell even a Marauder.

If you can't see a difference in build quality in that, I'll send you a Harbor Freight gift card.
Again Thumper, I ask for some specific info about what your opinion is based upon. Care to answer? Have you personal hands on experience with this platform?

I bought my Bobcat Mk2 brand new from Jim at Precision Air in 2018 and have been posting non benched groups with it for just as long, in that time I may have replaced the breech oring once...pulled it out while cleaning unintentionally...This FX Bobcat has been magic in my
20230915_160400.jpg
20230705_191827.jpg
hands from the very start...the way it fits me and my ability to shoot the thing non benched accurately. Over MY 5 years of ownership I can't say enough good things about this platform...not tryin' to talk anyone into or out of any air gun...just my experience. Please consider this recent 8 shot group, (30 yards) the flier, so called, was the first shot of the group the next 7 are in the main group...just open a new tin of JSB 25's...guess there ok...I've been posting groups like this EVERY time I shoot it....stop by some time and I'll be glad to show you...love some company!

If you can't see a difference in build quality in that, I'll send you a Harbor Freight gift card.
I'm curious, specifically what build quality features would you expect to see in a photo? And what build quality problems have you experienced with the FX trigger? The FX trigger is an odd design, and not one that I especially like. That said, I've never had a problem with either the standard or Boss Match trigger in my Royale. The design offers very limited adjustment compared to some others, but they tend to work as designed. That has been my experience. Perhaps you can offer details of your disappointment in build quality.

We're not talking about PICTURES, we're talking HANDS ON EXPERIENCE! My Marauder was a steaming piece o' crap in comparison (trigger & all) to my Royale. Again I ask, upon WHAT do you base your sage advice?

Well I ordered the royale from Ana and am having the regulator installed thanks
I think you'll be very happy with your new gun! BTW, clean the barrel ONLY when you see accuracy drop off. My barrels get cleaned about once a year! Very low maintenance is yet another plus. Any questions? Feel free to contact me. I'll help any way I can.
Gerry

Reactions: Traveler