Fx royal 500 or FX impcat

The Impact is phenomenal and set the standard for 100 yard competitions. I have two of them. If you buy an Impact, I hope you have patience with o-rings, it's got lots of them.

Is it more accurate than a Royale? with a .25 pellet, probably depends on the pellet. Do you shoot the 24 grain or 34 grain? Impact will probably do better with the heavier pellet, but not so sure about the lighter pellet.

To be honest, I think with both of them, the wind read is more important than the negligible improvement in accuracy.

Get whichever you want, I don't believe there's that much difference in accuracy!

Reactions: farhad
“Get whichever you want, I don't believe there's that much difference in accuracy!”

I’m sure this will be a controversial reply but here goes.
I’ve not owned a Royal but have an impact and (in case wifey is reading this) a “couple” others. I think the impact is an amazing kit. I’m primarily a hunter so imho there are way more important things at play. Most the modern high end kits will shoot well with proper tuning and pellet/slug selection. I agree w above that windis a key factor. But so is temp, breathing, hold,follow through etc. solid and constant attention to fundamentals play a much bigger role than intrinsic accuracy of the kit. So… Get the one you like. Get the one that you can shoulder or lay into on the bench and it feels like it’s part of your body. Get the one you think looks better. Forget the hype from the you tubers etc. if you love it you will spend more time with it dialing it in and thus get better results.

Reactions: farhad and ThomasT
It depends on how far past 100 meters you want to shoot. If you want to reach out really far, I say go with the Impact. If you are staying at 100-150 meters, the Royale will do just fine. I have both rifles and the Royale with the original Smooth Twist barrel is my best shooter at 100 yards and below. When I want to shoot farther, with slugs, I grab the Impact.

I own both, just recently traded my royale 500, they both have their strongpoints and weaknesses, if your shooting 100yds plus and want to shoot slugs, impact hands down.. royales are tried and true and bullet proof, but have nowhere near the power and mods that you can do to an impact. But impacts can be problematic with to much tinkering if you don’t know what you are doing and have tons more o-rings to replace if leaks develop, etc..

Sorry. I forgot this anecdote. After I got out of issf shooting and just shoot for fun I flew down to AOA to look around. I let the guys talk me into a digital airwolf. Seriously nice piece and expensive. But the one I really fell in love with a cheap little brocock (can’t even remember what model). Unregulated, short barrel small air cylinder and really only good out 40 yard. I got home and before the airwolf even arrived I’d ordered the one I Really wanted. Still have that airwolf but have maybe 2 tins through it in 10 (?) years. The brocock is always out of the safe and gets shot by everyone who sees it. Cocking lever feels like sandpaper, stock has been Jb welded and more than a few nicks. But I can hit what I aim at and love it. The “better “ one is taking up space.

Reactions: farhad and d3vnull