• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Royal 400 Scope Mounts

What scope rings would be recommended for the FX Royal 400 .177. It needs to clear the standard magazine but I don't want it too far from the barrel. I will be using a 30mm scope tube and 50mm objective lens. It will have to be a 2 piece. I was thinking along the lines of sportsmatch, FX no limits or BKL. Would it have to be Medium, High or Extra High.

I plan on doing a review in the coming weeks on the Sportsmatch vs. FX no limits vs. Eagle vision adjustable. (I'm just waiting on a backorder.)
If you want adjustability I'd go for the ATP66 or ATP61 by Sportsmatch. If the price is too high for you, I'd recommend the FX or Eagle vision equally and for different reasons. See my thread about it here. 
For standard non adjustable mounts, You'll need the "high" ones of whatever brand you like.
The Streamline's 11 shot magazine was designed to address this allowing the use of medium height mounts. However, I still had to use high's on my Streamline due to the brand of scope I was using. The "block" in the center of the scope (that holds all of the mechanics) hangs down lower than expected. (Hawke vs. Athlon). If it's critical that you get lower to the barrel, you might consider trying a Streamline magazine for your Royale. Or, use a single shot loader for the lowest scope mounting possible. 
Tom