Tuning FX Royal 400 repair, still a very trusty platform. Video

Royale, Boss, Bobcat platform IMHO is one of the BEST ever made! Virtually maintenance free & the Original Smooth Twist barrels are second to none for pellet accuracy. I wouldn't trade or sell mine for ANY of the newer, more innovative guns to try to attain said accuracy. I've already got it! Sometimes SIMPLICITY leads in innovation! 

Royale, Boss, Bobcat platform IMHO is one of the BEST ever made! Virtually maintenance free & the Original Smooth Twist barrels are second to none for pellet accuracy. I wouldn't trade or sell mine for ANY of the newer, more innovative guns to try to attain said accuracy. I've already got it! Sometimes SIMPLICITY leads in innovation!

100% agreed 

@mubhaur Were you able to machine a replacement part for the soft-metal hammer spring adjustment piece that you said was problematic?

Sure, I have got made a few out of brass with good fit threads that neither need locktight nor change its position itself.

That makes life easy.

In the past I have also got machined some transfer ports as sometimes the machining of breach O ring of TP in Royal 400 .22 was not good enough to keep the breach O ring in place for long time. 

Bhaur

I just replaced the gauge, valve seat and valve pin in mine which wasn't that hard to do. I also changed out the cocking lever and added a carbon fiber shroud over the barrel which I recommend for all Royale owners.

R400 New_Lever.1645419196.jpeg

Thanks I got it used which is hard to believe when looking at for steal which included a 22 LW barrel and 0db 160c moderator so I can shoot either the ST barrel or the LW if I wanted to give lightweight slugs a try for example.

When I had my personal Royal 400 .22 I machined a 24" BSA hammer forged barrel in it and it became a special gun and extra ordinary shooter with a large variety of pellets. 

Bhaur

Napairgunner,

Sweet looking Royale. I absolutely love mine and I’m never getting rid of it. That CF shroud, where did you get it? It looks like a nice upgrade.

Thanks

flynviking thanks yes it's a great gun and it has a huma regulator in there as well which I also recommend way easier to adjust than the FX one. The carbon rod is great and super easy to install you can get one here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BGBQF8T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. You don't hear much about Royales theses but they have been out for over 10 years and you never seem that many coming up for sales on the classifieds like you do most of the more current models so that has to tell you something. I would get the cocking handle too it's while you're in the upgrade mode!