FX reveals the "Crown" and the Smooth Twist "X" barrel system!

Griff. Can't believe you wrote that! I had that exact thought. I wondered how many airgunners where into F1. I love it. Just had Australian f1 here last weekend. There is so much interest in the new cars. Team members eyeing off each others cars looking for hints as to what there up to. 
Budgets may not equate....
Wonder what's under that shrouded barrel???

Can't remember where but I saw a video that explain some of what was going on with a smooth twist Barrel apparently they are going to have all that information for us but I don't know when they said that it would be a while because they had to do the testing themself because they are coming out with several different barrels and twist rates if I remember correctly they said that each Barrel they sell will have some type of info with it that says what shoots best According to which twist rate you are buying hope this helps

I keep thinking a LOT about it.. :) but have not put down a deposit.

Is it safe to assume they all come with the same powerplant/output specs and it is up to the owner to tune it to the desired caliber barrel they have in it? I'm thinking I would get a .30 for groundhog hunting and a .22 barrel for bird pesting. Then again I wouldn't want to switch barrels in a hunt if I switch from groundhogs to birds as I am sure it would need to shoot a couple groups to dial the scope back in.

What's the high end of the power curve we're expecting for this thing in .30?

Have a .22 on order. I was wary after all the negative press about the Impact since that's what I wanted as my first pcp rifle. I decided against the Impact and bought a Royale 400 which is a beautifully made gun. So based on that I ordered the Crown. Was told at the time that only walnut stocks would be available with the first shipment which is fine since I'm not a fan of laminate stocks. However, the laminates for this rifle are the best looking I've seen. The salesman also said that I could choose from what arrives in terms of match trigger and cheek rest. This took place a day after the announcement of this rifle was made so I'm sure things have changed since then.

"jcjc"I decided against the Impact and bought a Royale 400 which is a beautifully made gun.
The salesman also said that I could choose from what arrives in terms of match trigger and cheek rest. This took place a day after the announcement of this rifle was made so I'm sure things have changed since then.
The 400 is a great rifle! Don't sell it, you'll regret it. 

I guess I'm going to have to give them a call again. Didn't know about the match trigger & cheek rest options being available right away. I've got a .22 on order but, might change it to a .25. 
Tom

"Tominco"
"jcjc"I decided against the Impact and bought a Royale 400 which is a beautifully made gun.
The salesman also said that I could choose from what arrives in terms of match trigger and cheek rest. This took place a day after the announcement of this rifle was made so I'm sure things have changed since then.
The 400 is a great rifle! Don't sell it, you'll regret it. 

I guess I'm going to have to give them a call again. Didn't know about the match trigger & cheek rest options being available right away. I've got a .22 on order but, might change it to a .25. 
Tom
i'll hang on to my 400. 
i inquired about the options when i ordered since the salesman didn't bring that up. he checked with someone, got back to me and said that since i was the 2nd or 3rd on the list, id have a choice of whatever arrives. if you call for clarification, post what you find out if you don't mind.

"Dairyboy"It's May weren't they supposed to be coming in sometime soon? Unless that changed and I haven't seen it. I'm ready to see these in some people's hands! :)
Yes, they are supposed to be. But, things change. I'm excited to get mine and doing my best to remain patient. Once they do come in, I'm sure AoA will get them out the door as soon as they're done with their tests. I wouldn't be surprised if we see them arrive/ship in June.