Tuning FX Repair Time

In reading bconlon’s very first post, I feel a point many are missing is that a refund was requested and was not given. I do understand that FX has offered a substitution, but that’s not what was bought and paid for. While the color difference may be insignificant to some, it obviously isn’t to bconlon or the substitution would have been accepted. The rifle was defective on delivery, it’s been over 3 months trying to get it resolved and no exact timeframe has been given on when this will get resolved. I think it’s completely reasonable to request a refund and be given one under the circumstances that have been explained by bconlon and confirmed by FX.

In reading bconlon’s very first post, I feel a point many are missing is that a refund was requested and was not given...

I think it’s completely reasonable to request a refund and be given one under the circumstances that have been explained by bconlon and confirmed by FX.

+1
I did miss that from the first post and I agree. I hope he is provided a refund if that is his preferred resolution.

However a refund is not something that FX can give. The rifle was not purchased from FX. That would be something between bconlon and the retailer, who if I recall correctly, was Baker Airguns. It seems to me that FX is offering what they can, namely a substitute product. bashing them for that doesn’t make sense to me. Saying I want my money back, which I understand, is between the purchaser and the seller.

By the way, this is the same for most products that I can think of. If you buy something on Amazon and you want a refund because you are not happy (far any reason) you deal with Amazon, not with the manufacturer since it was Amazon that sold you the goods.

It might be time for the OP to contact the BBB . Pretty shameful if you ask me. It’s not like he voided the warranty , the rifle was / is defective . Come on FX get your act together.

Again, he didn’t buy it from FX!

He sure as hell bought an FX product didn't he? That the dealer bought from FX. This is a problem due to a manufacturing problem not one the OP messed up on. This has nothing to do with the dealer when FX is the one that made a faulty part. Something can easily be figured out on FXs part for Baker Airguns to get a refund for this guy.

It might be time for the OP to contact the BBB . Pretty shameful if you ask me. It’s not like he voided the warranty , the rifle was / is defective . Come on FX get your act together.

Again, he didn’t buy it from FX!

He sure as hell bought an FX product didn't he? That the dealer bought from FX. This is a problem due to a manufacturing problem not one the OP messed up on. This has nothing to do with the dealer when FX is the one that made a faulty part. Something can easily be figured out on FXs part for Baker Airguns to get a refund for this guy.

Folks, I am not saying that Baker and FX can’t get together to figure out how to make this right for the guy. I AM saying that no manufacturer I know is going to give you a refund for a product that you purchased through a retailer without your going through the retailer first. In fact, I am not even sure they would be allowed to do that. If you didn’t buy it from them (and they probably can’t even sell to you depending on their retail agreement) they can’t give you your money back. I don’t understand why people aren’t saying that Baker should refund the money, since they certainly have (or had) the ability to do that, and then get a refund from FX for what they paid for the gun. That’s the normal way, whether you purchased from Baker, WalMart, Amazon, etc.

Now, I don’t know why Baker is being silent on this. Maybe, and we just don’t know enough, its because of some history, or maybe because it was handled as a warranty issue, or because there is some doubt about who caused or did what. But I can certainly tell you that if it were me i would have been all over the retailer to make it right or give me my money back.

I re-read the OPs post again, and here is where i see the problem “Baker airguns will not give me my money back and FX USA will not either since it was not purchased through them. I feel stuck and frustrated I purchased this $2300 gun to hunt with because I could get it at that time and feel like I will not even be able to this year.

This is exactly what I am referring to. The two of them could certainly get together to make it right, but I don’t see a way for FX to fix the problem unilaterally, other than what they have offered, namely to substitute the black main block for the bronze.

I have begun filing my complaint with the better business bureau. It is unfortunate that this is the only way to get my money back on a defective product.

It shows very poor judgement IMO on the part of FX, but unfortunately they are not alone. I'll never give Daystate another dime of my money after the way they treated their customers over the pellet probe damage caused by their non-double load magazines. Events like this are what makes customers look elsewhere for future purchases.

In reading bconlon’s very first post, I feel a point many are missing is that a refund was requested and was not given. I do understand that FX has offered a substitution, but that’s not what was bought and paid for. While the color difference may be insignificant to some, it obviously isn’t to bconlon or the substitution would have been accepted. The rifle was defective on delivery, it’s been over 3 months trying to get it resolved and no exact timeframe has been given on when this will get resolved. I think it’s completely reasonable to request a refund and be given one under the circumstances that have been explained by bconlon and confirmed by FX.

In reading bconlon’s very first post, I feel a point many are missing is that a refund was requested and was not given...

I think it’s completely reasonable to request a refund and be given one under the circumstances that have been explained by bconlon and confirmed by FX.

+1
I did miss that from the first post and I agree. I hope he is provided a refund if that is his preferred resolution.

However a refund is not something that FX can give. The rifle was not purchased from FX. That would be something between bconlon and the retailer, who if I recall correctly, was Baker Airguns. It seems to me that FX is offering what they can, namely a substitute product. bashing them for that doesn’t make sense to me. Saying I want my money back, which I understand, is between the purchaser and the seller.

By the way, this is the same for most products that I can think of. If you buy something on Amazon and you want a refund because you are not happy (far any reason) you deal with Amazon, not with the manufacturer since it was Amazon that sold you the goods.

I do not agree with your opinion on this. The OP clearly stated that FX has his rifle and he is waiting on FX to ship it back. If Baker Airguns had the rifle I would agree with you. Since FX has the rifle in their possession it is 100% their responsibility to make this right. How can you expect Baker Airguns to refund a product that they don’t even have possession of? All FX needs to do is work it out with Baker Airguns and issue them a credit so they can refund their customer. They should also offer Baker an additional concession for processing and handling the warranty. If Baker isn’t willing to do this, I’m sure another FX dealer would do it if FX would make it worth their time. Also, you can’t compare Amazon with sales of 386 billion dollars last year to a single independently owned Airgun retailer. Obviously there would be some operating differences between them.

A little context I was person who posted about having a leak out of the block of my m3 and found out it was due to the drill depths on the holes to attach the rail. This was back in the beginning of may and I contacted FX USA for repairs right away. Now 3 months later having been without my rifle for 3 months and approaching hunting season they are still unable to give me even an eta as to when the blocks will be machined in Sweden let alone shipped the repairs to take place and my gun to be shipped back to me. I don't quite understand considering I have already bought and paid for their gun and should be in front of priority compared to M3's just being made in the factory to sit in inventory and I highly doubt they have not made up any new M3's in the past 3 months. My question is how long have people with experience going through FX USA had for repair times. It seems to me like they will not set aside machining time for their customers and will not pull from new or existing products so I am curious as to where I being an existing customer even fit into their manufacturing process. Do others feel this is an acceptable timeline? I fear FX USA has not even made FX Sweden aware that they need this part yet because it seems crazy they cannot even give me an ETA for the part to be made by now. I have even questioned just getting my money back but due to the time that has elapsed since I bought the rifle of which was spent in FX USA's possession Baker airguns will not give me my money back and FX USA will not either since it was not purchased through them. I feel stuck and frustrated I purchased this $2300 gun to hunt with because I could get it at that time and feel like I will not even be able to this year.

-Brandon

Hello,

I'm Donnie from Baker Airguns.

This is the very first I'm hearing about this.

Did you contact us?

Email me directly at: [email protected]

Make sure you put your real name, and invoice number, in your email.

I'm very sorry to hear about your issues.

While we find FXUSA customer service outstanding...you cannot get blood from a stone.

They cannot give you a part they do not have, and did offer a solution.

I am absolutely certain they would have repaired your gun immediately if they had the part.

Still, just send me your info and we'll get this sorted out for you.

-Donnie

Hello Brandon,

After talking to everyone here, I have uncovered some vital information that you left out of this post.

You did not buy that gun from us.

It would seem that you bought that gun from a private individual who bought that gun from us.

We cannot issue a refund for your purchase, as you've never purchased anything from us.

I'm not sure why you would tell people that you did, but you definitely did not.

That is quite dishonest.

Our name should not be part of this conversation.

-Donnie

I am filing the bbb complaint against fx not you. I did not purchase it from you yes but that being said it was broken when it was purchased from you and should have been caught also you were not willing to sort this out even before I told you I had purchased it second hand because it was past the 30 days even though the gun was in fx's possession for a legitimate manufacturer defect for those 30 days which I do not feel a warranty should be voided under since that is the appropriate action the original purchaser would also have had to take. You are not directly at fault but then again you are not totally innocent in this. All I am saying is everyone is passing the buck and all I want is my money back for the paper weight that I bought which should have been caught by the factory, fx-usa and you if it was properly checked. There also was an order number i provided you on the purchase so idk what you mean when you say there was not one.

I am filing the bbb complaint against fx not you. I did not purchase it from you yes but that being said it was broken when it was purchased from you and should have been caught also you were not willing to sort this out even before I told you I had purchased it second hand because it was past the 30 days even though the gun was in fx's possession for a legitimate manufacturer defect for those 30 days which I do not feel a warranty should be voided under since that is the appropriate action the original purchaser would also have had to take. You are not directly at fault but then again you are not totally innocent in this. All I am saying is everyone is passing the buck and all I want is my money back for the paper weight that I bought which should have been caught by the factory, fx-usa and you if it was properly checked. There also was an order number i provided you on the purchase so idk what you mean when you say there was not one.

Firstly, that part in bold up there is the important part that you left out of the original post.

Secondly, we test every high end gun we sell before it ships.

It's leak tested for a minimum of 24 hours, shot through a chronograph, the safety is tested, the trigger pull is tested, and the magazine is tested.

We included a test report in the box with every high end gun we ship out.

I promise you, that gun worked perfectly when it left here.

What happened to it after that is anyone's guess.

If you want your money back, then I suggest you contact whoever you gave it to...but that wasn't Baker Airguns.

-Donnie

Firstly, that part in bold up there is the important part that you left out of the original post.

Secondly, we test every high end gun we sell before it ships.

It's leak tested for a minimum of 24 hours, shot through a chronograph, the safety is tested, the trigger pull is tested, and the magazine is tested.

We included a test report in the box with every high end gun we ship out.

I promise you, that gun worked perfectly when it left here.

What happened to it after that is anyone's guess.

If you want your money back, then I suggest you contact whoever you gave it to...but that wasn't Baker Airguns.

-Donnie

Donnie, this is exactly as i suspected. Namely that there was something else left out that we didn’t know. That’s why I said THIS in a previous post “Now, I don’t know why Baker is being silent on this. Maybe, and we just don’t know enough, its because of some history, or maybe because it was handled as a warranty issue, or because there is some doubt about who caused or did what”

I do not understand why the OP included Baker Airguns in the post in the first place, and did not mention the fact that this was a used gun that he purchased. How he could expect Baker Airguns or FX to refund his money for a gun he purchased used is beyond me.

“While we find FXUSA customer service outstanding…you cannot get blood from a stone.

They cannot give you a part they do not have, and did offer a solution”

This was also the point I was trying to make in some of the above posts!

In any event, thanks for posting this here and clearing the matter up, at least for me. I also must say that I have purchased from Baker before (and once had a Marauder resealed) and was always happy with the product and the service.

Chris