• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Repair Time

Hi Bncolon, 

We have been watching this thread, and we have talked to you many times about your rifle, we appreciate your patience as we wait on more information. We are trying to keep you updated on all new information as we get it from FX Sweden. We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, and again we can offer you a much sooner ETA fix if you would like a black action as we have offered to you before and you denied. We are working on getting your gun ready as soon as possible. Please send us an e-mail or call if you want to speak to someone about choosing this option.

Regards,

FX Airguns USA

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST

Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST

Phone: +1 866 639 0772

[email protected]

Hi Bncolon, 

We have been watching this thread, and we have talked to you many times about your rifle, we appreciate your patience as we wait on more information. We are trying to keep you updated on all new information as we get it from FX Sweden. We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, and again we can offer you a much sooner ETA fix if you would like a black action as we have offered to you before and you denied. We are working on getting your gun ready as soon as possible. Please send us an e-mail or call if you want to speak to someone about choosing this option.

Regards,

FX Airguns USA

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST

Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST

Phone: +1 866 639 0772

[email protected]

Frustrating as the delay maybe, I think it’s important to recognize that FX offered an earlier fix if you would take a black block versus the bronze that you had ordered. That’s important information, since I can understand some specific color not being readily available much more than (as it seemed in the OP) nothing for a M3 warranty problem being available.

I have to say that so far at least, none of my FXs have had any problem (I currently have 2 Crown MK2s, a Wildcat MK3, an Impact Mk2 and a M3, and have sold two earlier crowns and a Wildcat MK3 Compact). I have also had very good results every time thatI have contacted FX USA about purchasing parts or asking for advice. This doesn’t mean that the Ops experience isn’t real, and really frustrating, but when reading these threads it often seems to me as if the readers and many posters are being led down the road of “this is the normal FX experience”. It isn’t, at least not for me and not for most of the people I know with FX guns.

Chris

So FX solution here is to fix it with parts that don't match the color scheme because they screwed up the block in the first place?? On a 2,300 rifle..... Can you imagine a car company saying to someone your black sedan doors are defective but we will gladly replace them with red doors otherwise you can't drive your car until------ wait we can't tell you when we will have black doors in.... I think this response and their "solution" makes this worse not better.

So FX solution here is to fix it with parts that don't match the color scheme because they screwed up the block in the first place?? On a 2,300 rifle..... Can you imagine a car company saying to someone your black sedan doors are defective but we will gladly replace them with red doors otherwise you can't drive your car until------ wait we can't tell you when we will have black doors in.... I think this response and their "solution" makes this worse not better.

Do you even know what a Bronze Impact looks like? lol.. It wouldn't be like red doors on a black car at all... The gun would look normal as the action is the only thing "colored" on the bronze guns...The bronze piece would be replaced with a black piece because they are waiting for bronze to be made.. And its FX USA trying to facilitate a quicker solution, I mean its not ideal but it's at least them trying their best. I don't think FX USA can go and make another one for him here it comes from Sweden. I think the point that counters the original post is that they told him it may take a while as they are not sure when the Bronze actions will be available, and BNColon stated he thought they were basically ignoring his gun completely which doesn't seem to be true, again it sucks but even another guy said he was told the same thing and he opted to wait. Im not trying to say anything Bad about BN I def. see his frustration in an unfortunate circumstance but what this is saying isnt even close to fair.. 

fx-impact-mkii-bronze-_.jpg
<--- bronze part would now be black... 

FX is offering that they can fix it now with a black lower action block since they have them in stock, or he can continue to wait for a bronze lower action block since they currently don't have them in stock. He's been waiting a long time now for a new bronze lower action block and you would hope it would have been replaced by now, but I don't know FX's production capacity, the split between black vs bronze blocks, and the percentage of each batch that goes to production of new rifles vs how many get put into spares inventory for warranty service and parts sales. Seems the bronze lower blocks are extended lead time items.

Long wait times for parts is disappointing especially for a warranty repair, but the supply chain for all industries is still totally messed up from past and ongoing events, shortages, and shutdowns over the last 18 months or so. I've watched materials we use every day at work go from the usual 3-4 week lead time, to 3 month, to 6 month, and now to 12-16 month lead times over the last 18 months. My favorite barrel maker for powder burners went from a 4-5 month lead time to 12-14 months earlier this year. I've been waiting for some car parts for 6 months now, I was originally told 2-3 weeks. A friend with a trucking company has been waiting 4 months for replacement windshields for 2020 model year trucks. Look at the pellet supply situation in this industry... Things are crazy right now across multiple industries, and long wait times are currently the norm. 

If I was the OP, I'd take FX up on their offer of using the black lower action block and get back to shooting... But I'm not the OP.

Kiba, you are very tolerant, but I must disagree. Yes, supply chains are FUBAR. But in this case, a machining error was made on a part that FX fabricates. IMO, a properly motivated person could have that receiver, or a new rifle on its way to the US in a few days. Anybody ever receive an FX survey asking to rate them on their service? Didn't think so. The right people just have to do the right thing.

Ed

It's not so much that I'm tolerant (I'd be irritated too if my brand new rifle was sitting that long waiting for parts) but that I'm a realist and recognize that production times and inventory control often don't go 100% as planned and sometimes things get delayed or scrapped for unforseen reasons.

All I was trying to say is that without knowing FXs current stock status, production capacities/scheduling, lead times, and shipping/customs delays, we're all guessing about what FX could hypothetically do for the OP (i.e. overnight a complete bronze rifle from Sweden right now) and not knowing what they can *actually* do for him (other than using a black lower they currently have on hand to repair his rifle right now.)

I do agree that they have the ability to pull a complete bronze rifle from production and swap the rifle out if they can get that in his hands faster than waiting on just a new bronze lower action block for warranty replacement-- but if they don't have any complete bronze rifles available right now we're right back where we started... waiting on the next batch.

Maybe the last batch of bronze lowers got messed up at the anodizer and now they have to machine new ones, and new ones take 2 weeks for raw material, 4 week backlog in the machine shop, then 6 weeks at the anodizer, then 2 more weeks for shipping and customs... Only FX knows for sure, and it sounds like FX USA is still waiting on inventory from Sweden.

Would have been nice if the US warranty and parts departments were adequately stocked before the first batch of M3s shipped out so they could deal with any warranty issues in a timely manner, but even if they were well stocked by the time the first M3s shipped that initial inventory of spare lowers probably all had the same defect and had to be replaced.

I feel bad for the OP being without their rifle for so long, but like I said in my last post, now is not a good time if you need something ASAP regardless of the industry. I'm also sure FX doesn't like this negative attention and wants to get the rifle repaired or replaced and back to the OP as soon as possible. Sure would be nice if FX Sweden had a bronze lower sitting around the shop somewhere they could overnight to the US service department... A FedEx international envelope is a small price to pay for some perceived customer goodwill and relations.

Kiba, you are very tolerant, but I must disagree. Yes, supply chains are FUBAR. But in this case, a machining error was made on a part that FX fabricates. IMO, a properly motivated person could have that receiver, or a new rifle on its way to the US in a few days. Anybody ever receive an FX survey asking to rate them on their service? Didn't think so. The right people just have to do the right thing.

Ed

Well, in an ideal world I agree with you.But we don’t live in that world any more (if we ever did). My point is that they(FX) appear to be trying to do what they can to mitigate the situation, even if its not a perfect fit. He chose to wait for the Bronze main block. Other people would make a different choice. (When I bought my M3 I wanted a Bronze one. At some point the dealer said i could get a black one faster and I switched). He made his choice but then complains that its taking so long.

Am I the only one that thinks the bronze is dog ugly

At first, I thought the bronze was dog ugly. Then, a bronze MKII popped up as available (before the M3's were born), and I jumped on it. When it arrived, it grew on me like a rather expensive moss. I liked it so much, I convinced myself I would get a bronze M3. Then, a black M3 became available, and I jumped on it. Keep in mind, I am actually severely color blind and known to have bad taste, especially for all things color related (I have purple carpet in my house). Yes, FX messed up with the blocks on the early M3s. That's water under the bridge. It seems as though they are doing all they can to make it right. My M3 is currently at FX USA for warranty repair, and so far, they're doing me right.

If the OP is set on bronze, then wait he must. Some people know what they want, and ya gotta respect that. Should a $2k+ air gun be perfect outta the box: absolutely. As stated, we don't live in a perfect world, but FX is offering what they can to fix it. I was certainly disappointed to call FX the day I received my rifle and start the warranty process. They offered to walk me through a possible self-repair fix, and I opted for the slower, longer process of sending it back to them. For $2400, I want perfect on their time, not mine. Thus far, they're doing all they can, and that's all I can ask.

Personally, I'd take the black lower block and ask nicely for them to set the gun up exactly right for the one slug or pellet I wanted to shoot. Then again, I am known to have bad taste.

FX reached out with next best thing so kudos to FX actively working on it. Back when I bought my MK2 my choices were wait 2-3 months for the black action like I ordered or silver action that can be shipped right away so I got silver. It isn’t fair to whine about wait and not getting service when you rejected an alternative which means you are getting service just not exactly what you want. Sure, I’ll be pissed too but if I wanted it bad enough I would just take the black one but you obviously don’t want it bad enough and decided to wait, can’t fault FX on this. 

FX reached out with next best thing so kudos to FX actively working on it. Back when I bought my MK2 my choices were wait 2-3 months for the black action like I ordered or silver action that can be shipped right away so I got silver. It isn’t fair to whine about wait and not getting service when you rejected an alternative which means you are getting service just not exactly what you want. Sure, I’ll be pissed too but if I wanted it bad enough I would just take the black one but you obviously don’t want it bad enough and decided to wait, can’t fault FX on this.

I can see you’re point, but what if there was a compromise. Fix it with the black body till the bronze arrive, then swap it out. I’m sure they could use that used black one on a repair of another rifle down the road. Seems like a win win 

I can see you’re point, but what if there was a compromise. Fix it with the black body till the bronze arrive, then swap it out. I’m sure they could use that used black one on a repair of another rifle down the road. Seems like a win win

I see your point but that’s seriously asking a lot. It doesn’t hurt to pitch the idea and they can always say no. But you never know till you ask so worth a try. 

Let me put it this way is there anything you could buy as a preorder that you would not be able to then cancel and get your money back for? Well after waiting since the end of April or the beginning of may and having absolutely nothing to show for my money i would consider this a preorder an it is very reasonable I believe of me to ask for my money back . @FX-USA has had my rifle since my return period started through baker airguns and being as they are a legitimate manufacturer and my only way to get a working product I do not believe my return should have expired in their possession. All i want is my money back at this point i can send you the invoice @FX-USA. I have bought mods for the gun and will still take a loss on those at this point i just want my money back for for the rifle and will be satisfied with the nothing I have received for my money otherwise so i can move onto something else.

Brandon

In by eyes i have receive nothing @FX-USA. If you bought a car and then had nothing to show for it 4 months later how could you then as the dealer blame the customer for wanting to move on especially when the timeliness was so far away from what was quoted? You have given me nothing i am the one who has lost money by buying add ons all i want is my money back since I have no product to show for it. Even if you can provide it in a different color who is to say that or the crazy timeline would not have swayed my decision 4months ago.

In reading bconlon’s very first post, I feel a point many are missing is that a refund was requested and was not given. I do understand that FX has offered a substitution, but that’s not what was bought and paid for. While the color difference may be insignificant to some, it obviously isn’t to bconlon or the substitution would have been accepted. The rifle was defective on delivery, it’s been over 3 months trying to get it resolved and no exact timeframe has been given on when this will get resolved. I think it’s completely reasonable to request a refund and be given one under the circumstances that have been explained by bconlon and confirmed by FX.

In reading bconlon’s very first post, I feel a point many are missing is that a refund was requested and was not given...

I think it’s completely reasonable to request a refund and be given one under the circumstances that have been explained by bconlon and confirmed by FX.

+1
I did miss that from the first post and I agree. I hope he is provided a refund if that is his preferred resolution.