• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Repair Time

Chris what are you talking about I could have given baker airguns the invoice for the purchase and just told them to refund the money to a different card. They were unwilling to refund money even before knowing I had purchased the gun from someone who bought it from them. They said no based on the fact that it was passed the 30 days even though the gun was in fx's possession for this time which begs the question how could even the original buyer gotten their money back. You seem to have never had an issue with a purchase because you have not been helpful for getting this resolved which is what the post was about and are instead focusing on why no one is at fault for a defective 2300 dollar gun which isn't possible.

As far as fx getting black actions this was a month and a half after they promised they would. I had to contact them to find this out since they did not contact me to tell me this and it was in a different color then what they had promised with no estimate as to when they would get the bronze that was promised way beforehand. Along with all the other problems I have been seeing and the totally scrambled timeline wanting a refund instead of having to inevitably go through this again is a no brainer. I did not leave out they got black actions it was just totally irrelevant as that is not what i wanted.

Chris what are you talking about I could have given baker airguns the invoice for the purchase and just told them to refund the money to a different card. They were unwilling to refund money even before knowing I had purchased the gun from someone who bought it from them. They said no based on the fact that it was passed the 30 days even though the gun was in fx's possession for this time which begs the question how could even the original buyer gotten their money back. You seem to have never had an issue with a purchase because you have not been helpful for getting this resolved which is what the post was about and are instead focusing on why no one is at fault for a defective 2300 dollar gun which isn't possible.

Bconlon,

I am not saying that “no one is at fault”. I very clearly stated that if it were me I would be as pissed off about it as you are. Indeed, when I thought you had purchased the gun from Baker I was puzzled as to why THEY were not the ones to refund your money. 

I have had issues with purchases, but in every single case (and maybe I have been lucky) the retailer from whom I purchased the item either refunded my money, gave me a replacement, or in some other way made me whole and, generally, happy. I will say that none of these cases were airgun related, with one exception, an Air Venturi Nomad, and there I got my money back.

I really do think that your original post was misleading, in that it implied that the fault was somehow that of Baker Airguns, and also not mentioning the fact that the gun was a used purchase from another individual. It’s also not surprising that they would not refund the money when you no longer had possession of the guns. Generally a refund is only issued when you return the item, so since you had already sent it to FX you obviously could not return it.

Now, some combination of FX and Baker can probably still get together to fix this problem, but that would have been more easily facilitated had the matter been clearer in the first place.

In any event, I hope that it works out for you in the end.

Chris

I have even questioned just getting my money back but due to the time that has elapsed since I bought the rifle of which was spent in FX USA's possession Baker airguns will not give me my money back and FX USA will not either since it was not purchased through them. I feel stuck and frustrated I purchased this $2300 gun to hunt with because I could get it at that time and feel like I will not even be able to this year.

@fx-usa has had my rifle since my return period started through baker airguns and being as they are a legitimate manufacturer and my only way to get a working product I do not believe my return should have expired in their possession.

I did not purchase it from you yes but that being said it was broken when it was purchased from you and should have been caught also you were not willing to sort this out even before I told you I had purchased it second hand because it was past the 30 days even though the gun was in fx's possession for a legitimate manufacturer defect for those 30 days which I do not feel a warranty should be voided under since that is the appropriate action the original purchaser would also have had to take. You are not directly at fault but then again you are not totally innocent in this.

I am going after fx to get this resolved so I don't know why you are in this conversation it is not even an argument as to whether or not it was broken when it left you it was that is just a fact.

-Brandon

Brandon-

I gotta say, I would have handled this pretty differently, and you've lost my support on this one. It seems you bought a gun second hand, ie used, not from a dealer. Then, you played it off as though you did buy it from Baker, and that they should be giving you money that you never gave them. Additionally, you've certainly stated some things on a public forum that are disingenuous at the least, and then when a representative from Baker comes to this rant thread you've started to clarify what's going on and offers to look into the matter, you question why he's in the conversation.

He's in the conversation because you dragged a very reputable dealer's name through the mud on your poorly executed efforts to find resolution to your unfortunate situation, and that's not cool.

I have purchased multiple guns and high end items from Baker and I have also dealt with FX USA on warranty issues and my experiences couldn't be more opposite than yours. Then again, based on the way you've comported yourself in this thread, I don't imagine you've gone about this as a polite, gentleman willing to work with the companies involved to find a solution.

I offered support for your cause, and at the same time having dealt with both of these business before for sales and warranty, I was quite befuddled by your experiences. Now that the full story is coming to light, I understand how you got yourself in this predicament.

Have you looked at this:

https://fxairguns-usa.com/warranty/

Full Three Year Warranty
FX Airguns USA offers a full factory back-up service to each FX Airgun that it imports into the US. All FX Airguns manufactured from October 2017 and on are warranted to the retail consumer for three (3) years from date of purchase against faulty workmanship and defective materials. Proof of purchase is required. The warranty of your FX Airgun is transferable with copy of original invoice or receipt.

Baker owes you nothing here, and based on how you've played your hand I'd say there is some question regarding "it is not even an argument as to whether or not it was broken when it left you it was that is just a fact."

So, you're saying you payed $2300 for a used, broken gun? That gun didn't work when you closed the sale from a private party? If so, why did you hand over $2300 for a used, broken gun?

I know the guns I have purchased from Baker were actually held, tested, and approved for shipping because much like an anxious 12 year old on Christmas Eve, I wanted Baker to ship my gun after payment, but they said the gun still had to be tested and held for 24 hours first. Based on the reputation you've established, I'd say, at best, there's a whole lot of question that gun was broken when it shipped. Perhaps it failed later, but that's what the three year warranty is for. If you had actually purchased it from Baker yourself, the smart move woulda been to ship it back to them or contact Baker first and apprise them of the situation. Then again, you didn't buy it from Baker. Purchasing second hand anything always comes with the risk that it may fail and being made whole may take more effort, which is why it's typically less than retail. For the $2300 you claim to have spent for a used, already broken gun that retails new and unbroken for less, I hope there were some other things included that you're also omitting. There's a P.T. Barnum quote applicable here...

Best of luck with your situation. In the future, you might find a level headed, truthful approach is the best way to proceed with conflict resolution; that combo has always worked well for me.

They came into separate themselves from a product they sold they did not come to help with anything about this riffle. As far as the gun being broken from the factory look up the multiple instances of this exact thing happening. It is an acknowledged defect in fx products it just is a problem that's a fact. What would I get out of not having my gun for 4 and a half months. The original owner sighted in the gun and it worked well enough to do that but that doesn't mean the gun was not broken from the factory and from baker airguns. I have attached the original order from baker airguns to ease your worries as to whether or not it was purchased through them and therefore should have been ensured the exact way you stated I did nothing different then what you said you would have but thank you for your irrelevant input. I get I should have put in the original post I purchased the gun second hand but that does not wipe out baker airguns from there involvement in a defective product they sold
Baker Airguns - Invoice 167535.1627571561.1629837187.jpg

"Broken"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Let me help...

broken
adjective

bro·​ken | \ ˈbrō-kən

Definition of broken

1 : violently separated into parts : shattered broken windows

2 : damaged or altered by or as if by breaking (see break entry 1): such as

a : having undergone or been subjected to fracture a broken leg

b : not working properly

The gun was sighted in. It was working properly. You bought a gun that had a MANUFACTURING DEFECT that surfaced later, after you bought it USED. I don't believe anyone is questioning that the gun at one time was bought from Baker, and we now know you, later, bought it from someone else.

I would refer you to the Baker Airgun's Terms and Conditions page, but that's not really relevant, as you bought it USED from someone else. Perhaps you should check his/her/their/its terms and conditions page and share it with the group.

I know all about the manufacturing issues with the M3, as well as FX's history of new releases having issues for the first six months or so. It's why I waited to buy an M3, and bought said M3 from a dealer not USED.

My opinion here is in fact relevant because, well, this is a public forum in which you solicited public opinion in hopes of creating a dog pile on both companies so that you could get your crap situation that you brought upon yourself resolved. Only catch here is although all parties have tried to help you to the best of their abilities, you aren't very good at honesty or conflict resolution. Thing is I offered you my support publicly, and I am now redacting it because of your inability to be truthful, solution oriented, and generally not a nice person. The airgun community is small, and almost everyone I've encountered is a good person.

Almost.

This has been amusing, and I will continue to follow along because I love a good disaster, especially one self-created.

I do hope you find resolution, but at the very least, you now know what broken means...

Brandon, I wish you success in resolving your issue with FX. As I think I now understand the facts, I believe your appropriate course is to continue to work with FX-USA. Although their response time is disappointing, it's representative of the current world in which we live, and it seems that they are working with you in good faith.

I second. In my original post to you I believe I stated to just email FX but I saw that FX was already in contact with you and I totally understand you want the original color of the rifle and not black. FX has tried to accommodate you as best they could and it is now a waiting game. 

I can't agree with you on Baker Airguns having to give a refund to you though. The warranty is transferable and I have don't know how of any business that would give a refund to the second owner. If the original owner noticed an issue with the M3 he should have either sent it back to Baker for a full refund and not offered the rifle for sale. If upon you purchasing the rifle and the issue occurred your only avenue would be through FX.

I think you are getting some blow back because we were led to believe you had purchased from Baker. I get that you are saying the original owner couldn't have requested a refund in the 30 day return window if FX had the rifle for repair. The problem with that is the original owner should have, after finding the issue, either contacted Baker FIRST and asked for a refund before trying to send the rifle in for service thus there would be no issue with 30 days and you wouldn't have purchased a rifle with issues.

I understand you want your rifle but your only course of action would be warranty repair as regardless of how long the first person owned the rifle, you are the second owner. I really hope you get your rifle shortly but requesting a refund would need to go to the person you purchased it from and not Baker. 

I second. In my original post to you I believe I stated to just email FX but I saw that FX was already in contact with you and I totally understand you want the original color of the rifle and not black. FX has tried to accommodate you as best they could and it is now a waiting game. 

I can't agree with you on Baker Airguns having to give a refund to you though. The warranty is transferable and I have don't know how of any business that would give a refund to the second owner. If the original owner noticed an issue with the M3 he should have either sent it back to Baker for a full refund and not offered the rifle for sale. If upon you purchasing the rifle and the issue occurred your only avenue would be through FX.

I think you are getting some blow back because we were led to believe you had purchased from Baker. I get that you are saying the original owner couldn't have requested a refund in the 30 day return window if FX had the rifle for repair. The problem with that is the original owner should have, after finding the issue, either contacted Baker FIRST and asked for a refund before trying to send the rifle in for service thus there would be no issue with 30 days and you wouldn't have purchased a rifle with issues.

I understand you want your rifle but your only course of action would be warranty repair as regardless of how long the first person owned the rifle, you are the second owner. I really hope you get your rifle shortly but requesting a refund would need to go to the person you purchased it from and not Baker.

A big +1 here. Leaving out the fact that you bought it used changes a lot. Your chance of a refund is next to zero as the only one who should give you a refund would be the guy you bought it from, not the dealer he bought it from. 

I will say though the time it's taken for FX to get this resolved is still ridiculous. There's at least 2 waiting for a bronze block to get replaced. I highly doubt it would take over 4 months for FX to have taken say 10 block off the line, get them anodized in bronze and on its way to the US if they would have gotten them in queue once this happened. So I still think that's on FX. But best you got is gun fixed under warranty no refund from what I understand now.