Tuning FX Repair Time

A little context I was person who posted about having a leak out of the block of my m3 and found out it was due to the drill depths on the holes to attach the rail. This was back in the beginning of may and I contacted FX USA for repairs right away. Now 3 months later having been without my rifle for 3 months and approaching hunting season they are still unable to give me even an eta as to when the blocks will be machined in Sweden let alone shipped the repairs to take place and my gun to be shipped back to me. I don't quite understand considering I have already bought and paid for their gun and should be in front of priority compared to M3's just being made in the factory to sit in inventory and I highly doubt they have not made up any new M3's in the past 3 months. My question is how long have people with experience going through FX USA had for repair times. It seems to me like they will not set aside machining time for their customers and will not pull from new or existing products so I am curious as to where I being an existing customer even fit into their manufacturing process. Do others feel this is an acceptable timeline? I fear FX USA has not even made FX Sweden aware that they need this part yet because it seems crazy they cannot even give me an ETA for the part to be made by now. I have even questioned just getting my money back but due to the time that has elapsed since I bought the rifle of which was spent in FX USA's possession Baker airguns will not give me my money back and FX USA will not either since it was not purchased through them. I feel stuck and frustrated I purchased this $2300 gun to hunt with because I could get it at that time and feel like I will not even be able to this year.

-Brandon

That sucks.

Given the lengthy backorder list on the M3, they're probably putting all the production efforts into new rifles and not sending many M3 specific parts to the service centers until they catch up on backorders. 

Having talked to the people at the FX parts and warranty department about a week ago to order a few spare parts, they only receive parts shipments from Sweden every 4-6 weeks, and they did tell me they currently don't have many M3 specific parts in stock for either warranty work or parts sales to end users. There's a couple M3 specific parts I want for my spares inventory and I've been checking in with them every couple of weeks for the last 2 months and they still haven't received any of them from Sweden.

Unacceptable. In the forums here and other places you are starting to see more and more QC issues with FX air-guns. We can debate about why this is all day long (too large of catalogue, part shortages due to covid, inadequate staffing, or a combination of all three). I have had mixed results with FX USA and repairs. When the 35 Impact came out it had to go back twice. After delays and more delays on that gun and its repair, they did offer to send me a impact in a different caliber since they didn't have any 35's to replace it with and since I didn't own a 25, I took them up on that offer. Got the 25 and 10 shots in the thing blew up and lost all air. That had to go back for repair and that was a speedy turn around most likely because they had the parts and the repair was simple. I have two impacts and a crown and they will be the only FX guns I own going forward. They can't fill orders in a timely fashion, they aren't servicing guns in a timely fashion, and for the cost of these units they should be able to do better than what they are doing. There are too many new gun pictures out of the box here and other places with clear QC issues that one has to wonder how they even got shipped to begin with; add that with people who shoot their new guns a handful of times and have a critical failure, it makes me wonder how the brand will be viewed in the future. I feel for you I really do. Wait months to get the gun, thing blows up, and wait more months to get it back from repair. I'd be furious too. 2300 bucks to not have a gun for nearly a year... 

Anyone can make a mistake, so the machining error itself is not a fatal flaw in service. Whether or not FX has more than a reasonable number is open to debate. That said, the treatment you are receiving is totally unacceptable and unforgivable. Your rifle is long paid for, and they should have offered either a full refund through the dealer (for which they could credit the dealer's account), or, shipped you the next rifle received in the US. If anyone in a responsible position with FX knows of this, and hasn't addressed it, a real butt chewing is in order.

When FX first opened the US plant they were slow, but people made excuses about them being understaffed and just getting started. Now it's a different problem, or problems, but the fact remains that it's the consumer who suffers. FX should send you a new gun IMO, and not require you to wait months.

I've had no issues with any of my first generation FX guns that I bought at AOA, knock on wood. But being required to ship a new FX back to the factory for warranty work, puts me out of the FX market. My experience with Daystate has been poor, so I won't buy them either. I'll have to look to another brand or simply be content and shoot what I already own. At least for now, the last option seems the more likely.

Coupled with the fact that pellets are now a scarce commodity, it's getting pretty discouraging.

I think the M3 was rushed out, and both their manufacturing, and repair facilities can’t keep up with the demand. The M3 is no doubt a game changer in its field, but with new technology and new manufacturing comes problems. I don’t see anywhere near the amount of issues with the maverick or the crown than I do the impact. Is it due to less units sold? Maybe. Maybe they are trying to pump them out so fast that these issues are becoming more prevalent as time goes on. They also seem to be putting more responsibilities on the dealers to make sure they’re in top shape before sending them out to us, and maybe even dealing with some of the warrant replacements or repairs along the way. 
As for your gun not being priority, this would bother me also. If their strategy is to pump out guns no matter the state, and not handle the issues with the ones already sold, that’s just plain being greedy. That being said, all my experiences with fxusa have been stellar, and I have had no issues with being taken care of. Unfortunately for hem, they don’t manufacture the guns, nor do they have control over anything fx sweden does.

Hopefully Fx can chime in hear (their presence on the forum is a great thing), and help remedy the situation for you. Let this post be a shout out to FX, and not a bashing thread. These manufacturers take notice of what is said on he forums, and they do their best to cater to it. Let’s hope this situation is the 

I have purchased a Maverick back in April and a Impact arrived last Saturday. 

It took me about a month to get the Maverick sorted out to shoot like it should.

First was it arrived with wrong caliber mag and wrong hammer weight. Some was My learning the platform and what causes what but the bigger issue was internal screws with no locktite that causes numerous issues. 

Now looks like it will be the same with my M3. It arrived and I cant get anything resembling a group. 6 to 8 inches at 50 yds is normal regardless of reg, macro, micro or valve setting. 

have tryed numerous of the posted m3 tunes and all produce lack luster . the best i have achieved so for is 4" after wasting 600 plus pellets and slugs 

1st reg is all over the place. set at 160 and when I fill the gun it may go to 200 or 180 and stay there till i shoot 1 or 2 shots then who knows where it will settle . Also takes 6 to 8 seconds to refill 

tryed JSB 44 gr pellets, FX Hybrid slugs , NSA 47.2 slugs, Home cast 45 and 50 gn pellets and 50 grn homecast slugs

needless to say I am very much less than happy 

I have purchased a Maverick back in April and a Impact arrived last Saturday. 

It took me about a month to get the Maverick sorted out to shoot like it should.

First was it arrived with wrong caliber mag and wrong hammer weight. Some was My learning the platform and what causes what but the bigger issue was internal screws with no locktite that causes numerous issues. 

Now looks like it will be the same with my M3. It arrived and I cant get anything resembling a group. 6 to 8 inches at 50 yds is normal regardless of reg, macro, micro or valve setting. 

have tryed numerous of the posted m3 tunes and all produce lack luster . the best i have achieved so for is 4" after wasting 600 plus pellets and slugs 

1st reg is all over the place. set at 160 and when I fill the gun it may go to 200 or 180 and stay there till i shoot 1 or 2 shots then who knows where it will settle . Also takes 6 to 8 seconds to refill 

tryed JSB 44 gr pellets, FX Hybrid slugs , NSA 47.2 slugs, Home cast 45 and 50 gn pellets and 50 grn homecast slugs

needless to say I am very much less than happy

That's really odd you have such big groups. You should call FX USA see what their techs have to say. When I first got my M3 I had messed with the quick tuners a little big and just called to verify the Factory tune settings they suggested, I probably made a little bit of adjustments on the micro tuner after using their settings and I am getting atleast MOA at 100 yards if not better. 

Go to the FX Sweden website and do an inquiry there. I did this in the past as I was not getting a response from FX USA. FX Sweden answered my email the next day and FX USA followed the day after. 
Hunting season starts in 3 weeks here in MA so I understand your being upset. I'm going to stick to your post and not get into the why I wouldn't purchase an FX rifle and what other manufacturers do because that has zero to do with what your dealing with.

I would also send a pm to the FX individual on our forum for additional assistance. Don't give up and being upset is definitely understandable. With all the taking parts from one FX to change another one that isn't working it is confusing why it is taking so long with your rifle. Best of luck and I hope you try some of these routes to facilitate your rifle being returned or replaced in short time...

https://fxairguns.com/support/ this is the direct link to FX Sweden support page. Based on what they say on this page, I would contact them now!

Go to the FX Sweden website and do an inquiry there. I did this in the past as I was not getting a response from FX USA. FX Sweden answered my email the next day and FX USA followed the day after. 
Hunting season starts in 3 weeks here in MA so I understand your being upset. I'm going to stick to your post and not get into the why I wouldn't purchase an FX rifle and what other manufacturers do because that has zero to do with what your dealing with.

I would also send a pm to the FX individual on our forum for additional assistance. Don't give up and being upset is definitely understandable. With all the taking parts from one FX to change another one that isn't working it is confusing why it is taking so long with your rifle. Best of luck and I hope you try some of these routes to facilitate your rifle being returned or replaced in short time...

https://fxairguns.com/support/ this is the direct link to FX Sweden support page. Based on what they say on this page, I would contact them now!

Thanks happy to hear there is some path forward I appreciate it!

i feel for you ,its just plain not right,, to leave you hanging with no way out,,i do see that JOHAN does watch the forum and hes pretty good to try to show up on this type of thread correct the issue, how bad was the leak,?if it is loosing say 100 bar over night ,you could ask for it back till they are straightened out at FX, ,i hope you make head way ,good luck HYNZIE4S

I'm in the same boat as you OP. They received my rifle on 5/28 for the identical issue. To be fair I was contacted about two weeks ago asking if I'd be willing to have my block replaced with a black one instead of the bronze I originally ordered. I was told they had no eta on the bronze blocks, and it could be awhile. I decided to hold out for the bronze replacement. Hopefully this gets resolved fairly soon. I don't want the squirrels to realize my bird feeders have one less layer of defense. Luckily I have my Wildcat as a backup.

I have had very good results in most of my dealing with FX. I would expect that your problem is something FX is not in control over. Something they send out to be done like anodizing or possibly it is a problem with a defect in the gun they have found in the specific caliber you ordered that they are werqing on. In any case I expect they will eventually get it sorted out.

Still I don't like the way you have been treated with this problem three months is a long time. They should be very specific in what the problem is and offer you other options.

I have been waiting for my new M3 for 3.5 months now. Evidently I need to werq on my patients a bit or I would already have it.