• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Regulator - adjusting pressure

FX Royale 0.25 with the FX regulator (prior to the "AMP" version). Regulator was at 128 BAR (where it seemed to drop off the regulator). I am trying to get the 33.95 grain JSB Heavy Mk II up to 830-840.

At the 128 BAR, I was shooting the LIGHTER 25.4 grain at 874.4 avg, ES = 12.08, SD 3.87

I want to adjust the regulated pressure higher. I put an allen key in the center of the nyloc nut. Then I turned the nyloc clockwise 1/2 turn while holding the allen key stationary. The pressure seemed to only go up maybe 3-4 BAR. Is that normal? What am I doing wrong?

Is there a rule of thumb that says turning the nyloc X amount increases the regulator pressure Y BAR?

ALSO: Once you adjust the pressure, should you fire a number of shots to let the regulator settle in at the new pressure?

Counterclockwise!!!! Clockwise with pressure in the bottle can break your gun!!!!

Also be careful how far out you back the screw out. It shouldn't go much past flush or the upper o-ring will move into the threads, get damaged and even blow out. This is a common cause of leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO5xxe_jnnk

Regulator in Royale has to be removed to adjust so no worries about adjusting with the gun aired up.

Counterclockwise!!!! Clockwise with pressure in the bottle can break your gun!!!!

Also be careful how far out you back the screw out. It shouldn't go much past flush or the upper o-ring will move into the threads, get damaged and even blow out. This is a common cause of leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO5xxe_jnnk

Regulator in Royale has to be removed to adjust so no worries about adjusting with the gun aired up.

Yes, I need to take everything apart to get to the regulator. It's not externally adjustable.

In this thread: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-royale-500-hammer-spring-adjustment/

TrapdorSpydr says: " Loosen knob – raise pressure or tighten Teflon nut -raise pressure. Both actions move the valve away from closure. "

Here I am assuming by "Teflon nut" it means the nyloc nut? It's the only nut on the regulator.... So I tightened the nut, i.e. turned it clockwise while holding the allen key stationary. So you guys are saying turn the nyloc nut CCW?

Yes ccw will bring the reg pressure up. From the impact manual but same idea.

1581814371_15545541795e48926338a716.89438647_20200215_165149.jpg

FX Royale 0.25 with the FX regulator (prior to the "AMP" version). Regulator was at 128 BAR (where it seemed to drop off the regulator). I am trying to get the 33.95 grain JSB Heavy Mk II up to 830-840.

At the 128 BAR, I was shooting the LIGHTER 25.4 grain at 874.4 avg, ES = 12.08, SD 3.87

I want to adjust the regulated pressure higher. I put an allen key in the center of the nyloc nut. Then I turned the nyloc clockwise 1/2 turn while holding the allen key stationary. The pressure seemed to only go up maybe 3-4 BAR. Is that normal? What am I doing wrong?

Is there a rule of thumb that says turning the nyloc X amount increases the regulator pressure Y BAR?

ALSO: Once you adjust the pressure, should you fire a number of shots to let the regulator settle in at the new pressure?

you did it the right way but you over did it. how are you checking the regulator pressure?

you did it the right way but you over did it. how are you checking the regulator pressure?

I am using a chronograph and plotting where the speed begins to fall off.

I'll go back and make a smaller adjustment and see how that works.