Fx ranchero vs HW44

Well I already have a HW44 and it is a very nice gun. Still there is nothing wrong with the FX Ranchero either from all I can gather on the net. It does have couple of pluses over the HW one is adjustable power and the other is there is an arrow barrel conversion for the gun.

Still these are both fairly high powered pistols probably made for hunting. 

There are other pistols out there made specifically for the type of shooting you plan on doing. They will give you many more shots and likely weigh less as well.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/took-teh-2240-and-wh44-out-today/?referrer=1

HW44

Fill pressure 200bar

10 shot repeater in .22

Power not easily adjustable.

HW 18fpe

Shots per fill HW says 20 people say 18

Weight 2.87

FX Ranchero

Ranchero 8 shot repeater in .22

Fill pressure 200bar

18fpe 3 step adjustable power. Which is great to have

Ranchero 18fpe

Shots per fill 20

Weight 3.1lbs

Arrow barrel available

I don;t know much about your two initial choices, but as Odoyle says, the Ataman AP16 is a really nice gun,

Simple, easy to shoot, accurate, light weight. Add an adapter to the rail and put a good red dot sight or scope on it and go killen some paper. That's what I do with mine, is punching holes in paper. My "range" is sorta short, but at about 17yrds I was hitting and just enlarging one hole (lightly supported by the top of a big fan !!) with it yesterday. With two tank fulls of air, using a red dot sight.

Here it is as it is today (bottom of the page) - https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ataman-ap16-review/page/4/

Mike

Well I already have a HW44 and it is a very nice gun. Still there is nothing wrong with the FX Ranchero either from all I can gather on the net. It does have couple of pluses over the HW one is adjustable power and the other is there is an arrow barrel conversion for the gun.

Still these are both fairly high powered pistols probably made for hunting. 

There are other pistols out there made specifically for the type of shooting you plan on doing. They will give you many more shots and likely weigh less as well.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/took-teh-2240-and-wh44-out-today/?referrer=1

HW44

Fill pressure 200bar

10 shot repeater in .22

Power not easily adjustable.

HW 18fpe

Shots per fill HW says 20 people say 18

Weight 2.87

FX Ranchero

Ranchero 8 shot repeater in .22

Fill pressure 200bar

18fpe 3 step adjustable power. Which is great to have

Ranchero 18fpe

Shots per fill 20

Weight 3.1lbs

Arrow barrel available

I'll add several more items to the excellent list for the Ranchero that biohazardman posted: Very good triggers and the optional carbine stock makes the Ranchero a great platform. They do bark on high power so an ldc should be considered.

R8 LG53 Ranchero006.1613323251.JPG

IDC - I don't care? Sunday Smartazz Day?

LDC - Lead Dust Collector? (Moderator/Silencer/Quieting device)

It's a freaken...muffler..!

Why do people like to change the words of things ? Like death. The person didn't - "pass on", "pass", "move on", "lost", "checked out", "croaked", "departed", "succumbed", etc., etc. The person..."died", period.

There's another word that has has SO many added on words or phrases, and it seems people still want to change and or add words to the original, that has been in use since the Roman era, the Egyptians, etc.

The word silencer seems to be the "lead" word in most all Dictionaries, and even Wikipedia. The other made up words are secondary, after silencer.

I fully understand things change, I've lived my life not being afraid to change, but not when there is no...even reasonable good reason to change.

Sorry for my rant, this thread isn't about mufflers..! I blame Mr. Odoyle's previous post.

Mike

MikeW

Why do people like to change the words of things ? Like death. The person didn't – "pass on", "pass", "move on", "lost", "checked out", "croaked", "departed", "succumbed", etc., etc. The person…"died", period.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I love it. I know what you mean I thought of more than twelve descriptive words for puke the other day and was amazed, when I looked them up, there were sooo... many more. Every generation gets there hands on the slang of the day and much of it becomes commonly used after a bit. You can often tell a persons age by the words they use.

Yup mostly it's Odoyles fault for sure most things are. 😂

I've owned a HW44 in .177 and a Ranchero Carbine in .22. I still have the Ranchero Carbine - but would I still have it if it didn't come with the match trigger and Steve Corcoran stock, not sure. 

Both of them are extremely accurate and enjoyable to shoot. The only reason I don't still have the HW44 is because I could never quite get it to fit my hand. I have large hands and while the grip on the HW44 has a big lump in the middle, it overall is on the smaller side. So if you have very large hands that's a consideration.

The other trick is finding a Ranchero Carbine. FX stopped making them except for the arrow version, IIRC. They pop up in the AoA used market, but not as often as they used to. You might be able to find one at Krale, but they may not ship FX to the US now. 

You can get a reg from Altaros which will fit in the air tube, but it takes up a lot of space in the small tube so you get reduced shot count, but you can fill the tube with a higher pressure of air and reclaim a few shots.