• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Radar - New Bottle Mount design

I finally got to take out my new FX Radar Chrono today with a new bottle mount. I first saw this when Ken Hicks (SPAW) posted a link to it. It was made by Chris Brauda.

I liked the idea of it being mounted to the bottle, because while I know that the chrono is really light, I liked the idea of not having to hang it off the barrel to keep it in prime position. I like the idea of the mounts, because they allow the Chrono to stay in the same position no matter what direction or angle I am shooting at, so I can get reading not matter the style of shooting I am doing. 

The Chrono worked flawlessly with the mount once I found the perfect spot. The one problem that I almost had, was that I have the extended bipod rail on my Impact, and the rod goes right up to the edge of the rail. When I first tried it, I had the Chrono a little too far back and the bar folded over the rail, and the readings were sporadic. When I put the rod right against the rail and had the Chrono closer to the end of the barrel, the readings started coming out like I expected, nice and tight. I could aim up, down, left, and right and the readings stayed perfect.

This is a really nice product that can work on rifles with carbon fiber bottles, and Chris could probably adjust the rod length depending on how your bottle is mounted to your rifle. That being said, I could see that this specific design would not work with all bottles without clearance below the bottle, but works great with my Impact. He could possibly make one for other bottle sizes too. 
1572733202_2404164785dbe011298e9c6.60816323_FDFFF3C9-D5AB-43BD-8485-76B487BEEB65.jpeg
1572733203_4610616005dbe011398a679.67696854_BC263B1B-1522-4DAD-A347-533C1FCB08FB.jpeg