FX Radar Chronograph - LOVE IT, KInda'

Wow....outta 4 reviews, 2 fires. Not sure about this?

Augie, please let us know if you have the same fire experience.

"For $4 I am going to give this a try:" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084SFKR7D

mike

In retrospect this wasn't the best option. Mine needed the contact to be resoldered and it would still intermittently disconnect power. 

This is something new, FX radar ver.3.1

radar capture 01.1633569379.JPG

radar capture 02.1633569388.JPG

The white 4-pin socket on the left is a serial port. You can hook it up and monitor raw data and software operations. Could also interface with MATLAB if you extract the velocity reading line.

Tip: If you are not going to do the external power mods and are sticking with internal batteries, then use Energizer Lithium AAAs (the disposable ones). Lithium disposable AAAs and AAs have an initial voltage as high as 1.79V per cell and have much less voltage sag under load than alkalines. With a flat discharge curve and total initial no-load voltage around 5.37V - it's like these batteries were made for this chrono.

Problem: I don't think the FX chrono is reliable above about 900fps or so, even with large .30 projectiles. I had not been getting consistent reads no matter how I positioned the chrono - on the bench, on the moderator, forward, back, etc. But this was all with slugs around 950-960fps. I shot some pellets for the first time since I got the chrono at speeds 890 fps and under and had no misses and reported speeds seemed more consistent. I even had the chrony on the bench, misaligned by about 20 degrees and it was still working. That's what made the light bulb go off. I remember reading someone else on here reporting similar performance issues at speeds in the 900's.

Wow....outta 4 reviews, 2 fires. Not sure about this?

Augie, please let us know if you have the same fire experience.

"For $4 I am going to give this a try:" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084SFKR7D

mike

In retrospect this wasn't the best option. Mine needed the contact to be resoldered and it would still intermittently disconnect power.

Sorry yours didn’t work out. I just shared with another member ever since I did this mod with the three tied in batteries, now plugged in, my chronograph never misses a shot and I never have any doubt if the readings were true or not due to weak or deteriorating batteries. I still thank you for the tip/link, lol!

CEED0AE2-9555-4EEF-BBB2-9D32B60F2489.1636608284.jpeg
3194A3D7-950E-407B-9329-38705ABEF7D9.1636608285.jpeg

the great thing about this mod is it isn’t permanent and no hacking involved. I can easily go back to using rechargeable batteries if I ever use the chronograph in areas without immediate power.

Sorry yours didn’t work out. I just shared with another member ever since I did this mod with the three tied in batteries, now plugged in, my chronograph never misses a shot and I never have any doubt if the readings were true or not due to weak or deteriorating batteries. I still thank you for the tip/link, lol!

View attachment 139721View attachment 139731
the great thing about this mod is it isn’t permanent and no hacking involved. I can easily go back to using rechargeable batteries if I ever use the chronograph in areas without immediate power.
I’ve since change my set up from this pic snd no longer plug into a cord but instead to a rechargeable battery pac, that way its ready for remote use anywhere