• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Radar Chronograph does not work

You say Bluetooth is connected. You mean your phone is showing the big 0? If not, change batteries. When they are even a little low it can fail to connect.

You can adjust the sensitivity in Settings under "minimum return", so you may need to change that.

You have to select a velocity range in Settings, and if it's not correct for your projectile it doesn't respond.

Radar beam is something like 6" by 6" or 6 by 8 so positioning does matter.

The chrono has to be able to detect that a shot has been fired. In some situations mine doesn't hear the shot even though it's hung from the barrel. Especially indoors in my basement for some reason. If I place a cardboard box on the bench so it's a few inches below the chrono, it works. So experiment with sound reflectors.

There is a connection inside which can be jarred loose surprisingly easily. It will be obvious when you open the case. I put a little piece of duct tape on it to secure it.

Reactions: Huncowboy
Thank you for the quick response. The cause was that the "velocity range" did not match. I confirmed that the data can be measured properly.

Oh yeah, if I fail to set the correct velocity range, mine never leaves 0. Once, I had it on high and was trying to chrony my .22 Crosman 1322 pistol, nothing happened till I changed the velocity range setting.

You say Bluetooth is connected. You mean your phone is showing the big 0? If not, change batteries. When they are even a little low it can fail to connect.

You can adjust the sensitivity in Settings under "minimum return", so you may need to change that.

You have to select a velocity range in Settings, and if it's not correct for your projectile it doesn't respond.

Radar beam is something like 6" by 6" or 6 by 8 so positioning does matter.

The chrono has to be able to detect that a shot has been fired. In some situations mine doesn't hear the shot even though it's hung from the barrel. Especially indoors in my basement for some reason. If I place a cardboard box on the bench so it's a few inches below the chrono, it works. So experiment with sound reflectors.

There is a connection inside which can be jarred loose surprisingly easily. It will be obvious when you open the case. I put a little piece of duct tape on it to secure it.
Very useful! Thank you!