FX Radar Chronograph does not work

You say Bluetooth is connected. You mean your phone is showing the big 0? If not, change batteries. When they are even a little low it can fail to connect.

You can adjust the sensitivity in Settings under "minimum return", so you may need to change that.

You have to select a velocity range in Settings, and if it's not correct for your projectile it doesn't respond.

Radar beam is something like 6" by 6" or 6 by 8 so positioning does matter.

The chrono has to be able to detect that a shot has been fired. In some situations mine doesn't hear the shot even though it's hung from the barrel. Especially indoors in my basement for some reason. If I place a cardboard box on the bench so it's a few inches below the chrono, it works. So experiment with sound reflectors.

There is a connection inside which can be jarred loose surprisingly easily. It will be obvious when you open the case. I put a little piece of duct tape on it to secure it.

Reactions: Huncowboy
Thank you for the quick response. The cause was that the "velocity range" did not match. I confirmed that the data can be measured properly.

Oh yeah, if I fail to set the correct velocity range, mine never leaves 0. Once, I had it on high and was trying to chrony my .22 Crosman 1322 pistol, nothing happened till I changed the velocity range setting.

You say Bluetooth is connected. You mean your phone is showing the big 0? If not, change batteries. When they are even a little low it can fail to connect.

You can adjust the sensitivity in Settings under "minimum return", so you may need to change that.

You have to select a velocity range in Settings, and if it's not correct for your projectile it doesn't respond.

Radar beam is something like 6" by 6" or 6 by 8 so positioning does matter.

The chrono has to be able to detect that a shot has been fired. In some situations mine doesn't hear the shot even though it's hung from the barrel. Especially indoors in my basement for some reason. If I place a cardboard box on the bench so it's a few inches below the chrono, it works. So experiment with sound reflectors.

There is a connection inside which can be jarred loose surprisingly easily. It will be obvious when you open the case. I put a little piece of duct tape on it to secure it.
Very useful! Thank you!