FX Radar Chrono Issues

Ive owned the FX chrono for about a year now and I am still having the same problem. It fails to register about 20% of my shots. No reason or pattern. Use fresh batteries, the unit is within 1-2 feet of my iphone and the problem persists. I have it set on high power but only shoot at muzzle velocities less than 950 fps. I mount the unit on my moderator with a rubber band. The channels I watch on U tube such as Airbucks and SG and others seem to have 100% reliability with this device. How to correct?

I had to lower mine to 10% return, and even then I wasn't happy. I've modded mine to have a good 5 volt supply and tested it with the slow speed and my hand and working well. Getting better weather so I'll be testing mine at the range again and see if the better power sully makes a difference.

I did noticed that 25 cal pellets are almost always registered, and 357 bullets were my problem. Theory is that the pellet skirt acts like a retroreflector and the bullets were flat tale and not returning enough signal. Just a theory with no way to test it.

I get some missed shots. More often when I shoot in my basement. I attributed it to WiFi/ Bluetooth connectivity issues. Seemed to happen more often when I was turning the chrony off to conserve battery, when I recharge the gun or change pellet info. Going into phone settings and turning BT off and on almost always fixes the problem. Still a great little piece of gear.

BTW, I found rechargeable lithiums didn't work as well ( last as long ) as NiMH or regular lithiums.

I found that "long lasting" Energizer Lithium (non-recharge) did not work any better than regular AAA

I did find that running wires out to a battery box and using 4 AAA NiMH work exceptionally well and lasted more hours than I had for testing, more than 4 while barely dropping to 5 volts. You voltage reading will be wrong for a while as they will start just over 5.2 volts and the ADC that measures battery voltage can't go that high, but with the now extremely longer run time, and stable voltage from not having to use a "charge pump" voltage booster, I think (hope) my results will be better.

Reactions: Treefrog
going to the 'Minimum Return' setting under Profile Settings/General in the app. Reduce this setting until you get all your shots being counted.
What he said. ^^^

Screen shot from manual:
IMG_5722.jpeg

For .177 cal pellets I have mine set at Lowest to capture all the shots. No issues with phantom readings.